1.    #1  
    Hi

Does anybody know if the dimensions of the Treo (4.41x2.28x.87) include the antenna?

Thanks
    Fester
    Apparently, yes.

See:

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/h...eo_600/details

112 mm = 4.41"
    c'mon, how could it include the antenna? It would be a Barbi phone. The 4.41 inches is just the body of the phone!

$400 or fight,
    Dan H
    No it doesn't. The Orange picture is wrong on that.

I held a model Treo 600 yesterday and this thing is small! The antenna was not as prominent as it looks in the pictures, for some reason. It fades into the background like the one on the currnet Treo's.
    Looks like from the orange link posted this does include the antenna. Guess we have to wait for Sprint to verify. Anyone with a Pre unit can verify this issue.
    The size given in the "Setting up your Treo" user manual is:

4.41in x 2.36in x .87in (11.2cm x 6.0cm x 2.2cm) with antenna.
  7. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Does anyone know the length without the antenna? If it is 4.41 with the antenna and therefore smaller without it then I could get really interested in the T600.

I currently have a xda pocketpc on t-mobile and I didn't think the T600 was that much smaller but maybe it is?

I would trade off the smaller screen and lower resolution for a noticably smaller device.
    Originally posted by BD1
    Does anyone know the length without the antenna? If it is 4.41 with the antenna and therefore smaller without it then I could get really interested in the T600.

I currently have a xda pocketpc on t-mobile and I didn't think the T600 was that much smaller but maybe it is?

I would trade off the smaller screen and lower resolution for a noticably smaller device.
    I don't think you read the comments before your post. It is 4.41 without the antenna.
  9. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    silverado:

I did read the comments and they are unclear.

kmwmtd says it is 4.41 with the antenna. Your post says it is 4.41 without the antenna.

So who is correct? Can someone give the dimensions with the antenna and without the antenna so it is perfectly clear?

Thanks.
    There is absolutely no way the 600 is 4.41" including the antenna!

If you look at side-by-side photos with the 300, the body size is the same , and I measure the 300 at just under 4 3/8" with an overall size at 5 1/4"

The 600 is basically just narrower.
    The Treo model I played with was almost exactly the length of my Treo 270 without the antenna (for both). Both antennae were protruding out. So it is the size you see listed everywhere is WITHOUT the antenna.