1.    #1  
    So I took it outside. The sky is blue and sunny today in Paris and all I can say is that I had NO PROBLEMS AT ALL reading the screen. I could even easily use the camera and view what I was focusing on.

The HAND people at the seminar were more than happy to let me walk outside with the Treo and were clearly aware of the current rumoring about the quqlity of the screen.

I'll post more stuff later today.
    That is good news. I'd been half expecting 'usable', 'adequate', 'ok' when the reviews started rolling in. I do wonder though if our ideas of excellence are the same!

Did you try various orientations with respect to the sun? Does it get better or worse with the sun directly on the screen?

I'm looking forward to your subsequent posts.
  3.    #3  
    It was still easily readable in direct sunlight. Of course not as good as when tilting it a little, but there was definitely no need to tilt it.
  4.    #4  
    And the HAND people did say they had people working on improving the quality of the screen after the first pre-release models were issued.
    Thanks. I briefly owned a 270 and loved it in many ways but had to return it because of the dreadful outdoor visibility. This is the number one improvement I've been looking for and your posts are very reassuring.
    Great news! Merci!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
  7.    #7  
    I took some pictures with a Treo of another Treo in the sun. Even with the poor quality of the camera you can still see the icons. The pictures don't do justice, in reality the quality of the screen is much better (sorry for repeating myself, I guess I'm really impressed).

Beamed the pictures to my 270. If somebody can explain how to post those here directly then I can do it tonight, otherwise it will have to wait till I've synched with my PC.
    Originally posted by Mol
    I took some pictures with a Treo of another Treo in the sun. Even with the poor quality of the camera you can still see the icons. The pictures don't do justice, in reality the quality of the screen is much better (sorry for repeating myself, I guess I'm really impressed).

Beamed the pictures to my 270. If somebody can explain how to post those here directly then I can do it tonight, otherwise it will have to wait till I've synched with my PC.
    If you can email them to me from your treo, I'll post them. I'll PM you with my email address.
    That is good news. My I700 is not bad in the sunlight but then again I didn't have a chance to test it before I had to order it online and get it. Once you open it your stuck with it. Thank you VzW.