1.    #1  
    Please help:

I am currently using Palm desktop as my PIM and would like to switch to Outlook. Can someone please provide instruction on how to transfer my addressbook, memo, etc.. to Outlook?

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by speedy_j
    Please help:

I am currently using Palm desktop as my PIM and would like to switch to Outlook. Can someone please provide instruction on how to transfer my addressbook, memo, etc.. to Outlook?

Thanks in advance
    In the settings for HotSync on your computer, you can select to sync to Outlook for contacts, date book, and memos. If you right clock on the HotSync icon in the tray and click custom, you can select how to sync with Outlook.
  3.    #3  
    Will that transfer all my info onto Outlook or do I have to manually enter everything again.
    Originally posted by speedy_j
    Will that transfer all my info onto Outlook or do I have to manually enter everything again.
    When you sync, it will copy the info from the Treo to Outlook. Just make sure the hotsync manager is set to syncronize or have the Treo overwrite Outlook.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

In the settings for HotSync on your computer, you can select to sync to Outlook for contacts, date book, and memos. If you right clock on the HotSync icon in the tray and click custom, you can select how to sync with Outlook.
    There's no option for me to change to using Outlook as my PIM. Let me make it clear.. I've been using Palm Desktop as my PIM for the past year but now decide to change to Outlook and would like to do so without having to transfer everything manually. Where is the option for me to select Outlook as my PIM now?

Thanks much for the continual help.
    re install the software and it will ask you if you want to use outlook or palm desktop
  7.    #7  
    but if i reinstall, will it retain whatever info i've already had on my Treo?
    Yes. Reinstalling the software will not affect any of the data on the Treo, nor will it affect any of your Palm Desktop data.

It will simply give you the choice of syncing w/ outlook instead of using the Palm Desktop. Just make sure that after doing this, the first time you sync your Treo, make sure all of the conduits (calendar, to do, memo, address) are all set so that the Treo overwrites desktop. That will ensure that the data makes it into Outlook.

I have found that over the years that in lieu of import utilities supplied with the PIM, the Palm/Treo does wonders for data conversion. I've moved everything from Palm Desktop to Act to Outlook to Notes to Outlook to Notes again and have never lost a thing.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
  9.    #9  
    Thanks, Gregg for the clarification and reassurance.. I will reinstall Treo software tonite.

Mission accomplished, thread closed
    Guys, I have been trying to correctly synch my 300 and Outlook 2000 for the past few weeks at my new job. The issue is that it won't synch the date book or contacts and they don't even show up on the Conduit list. I've tried reinstalling both Office and the Palm software and nothing seems to help.

Can anyone help me?

Much Thanks,
    Corey