1.    #1  
    I am already an customer of Sprint and would like to buy Treo 300, since the prices are cheap. But neither Sprint nor Handspring is not offering any discounts for existing customers. Is there anywhere where I can get a Treo 300 for a cheaper price, with no contractual agreements and by keeping my old Sprint PCS Number ?
    Originally posted by krisleo
    I am already an customer of Sprint and would like to buy Treo 300, since the prices are cheap. But neither Sprint nor Handspring is not offering any discounts for existing customers. Is there anywhere where I can get a Treo 300 for a cheaper price, with no contractual agreements and by keeping my old Sprint PCS Number ?
    The cheapest I've seen it without rebates is $400. Keep in mind that you can get the rebates as an existing customer if you activate the Treo on a new line of service. You can keep your number but the new number would be assigned to the Treo. You can then swap them, but you'll still have an extra line. And now Sprint has contracts for Add-A-Phones so you'd be stuck with it for 2 years. I don't know if that's worth it for you.
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

The cheapest I've seen it without rebates is $400. Keep in mind that you can get the rebates as an existing customer if you activate the Treo on a new line of service. You can keep your number but the new number would be assigned to the Treo. You can then swap them, but you'll still have an extra line. And now Sprint has contracts for Add-A-Phones so you'd be stuck with it for 2 years. I don't know if that's worth it for you.
    CompUSA has it for $349 in most of their stores, which is really a pretty decent price for an unactivated 300. If you find someone who works there, you could get it at their discount, which would make it about $248 out the door!
    Originally posted by krisleo
    actually i wrote to sprint asking about upgrading to a treo 600.
    they said upgrades arent available to me but are available to existing sprint customers whose contracts are up. i know you are inquiring about the treo 300 and not the t600, but if i understood the letter they wrote to me, as long as your contract is up with sprint, you are eligible to upgrade to a new phone with a good discount to boot. but this is sprint we are talking about, you may want to inquire with them regarding this deal!!! good luck
    Kris - I too am a Sprint PCS customer. I just got my Treo 300 for virtually free (I think I have to pay for shipping, taxes, maybe even a small balance).

See what's up with your contract, and ask if they can give you a discount on the 300, since the 600 is a few weeks (?) from dropping. Most likely you will have a $100 service credit on your account, especially if your current contract has expired.

You can always "hold Sprint hostage" by telling them you are going to their competition if you don't get what you want. That tactic has been known to work 7 out of 10 times (amongst my friends who are on Sprint). Use it at your discretion of course!

Good luck!
    hehe... i'm getting out of the pda phone market until something revolutionary comes out... I now have a 8100 for sprint and i never use my treo anymore...

It's currently activated but I'll be glad to let it go...

I can take pics of it if you want to see it...

let me know...
    " What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?" - Robert Schuller -