1.    #1  
    Anyone have some insight or wishes? ~$300 would probably do it for me. What about you?
    I'd even include selling my old 180 in that cost.
    More like over $500.
    I thought I read that the msrp was supposed to be around $499. So maybe $399 for treo owners?
    With all you people calling Sprint night and day about this phone, they probably decided that with the anticipation this high, they can charge a decent amount. Why should Sprint care that you have a 300 already? Switching phones doesn't make money for them. They want new accounts.
    I would estimate $650 with a $150 discount for $500 net. Then sell your unit on eBay. Just my guess. I would rather do this and avoid a contract.
    Isn't the existing Treo discount going to be thru Handspring and not thru Sprint?
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    Isn't the existing Treo discount going to be thru Handspring and not thru Sprint?
    Well, the whole notion of a discount for current Treo owners came from a Handspring (not Sprint) announcement, so my guess is that the discount will come from HS, not the carriers.

I don't know why, but like the guys in Star Wars say, "I've got a bad feeling about this."* Following the outlandish pricing of the Kyocera 7135 and Samsung SPH-i500, I have this sinking feeling that we're not going to see a $300 price for a Treo600 for a long time...probably more than a year.

*This line has been in all the Star Wars movies so far. Expressive, huh?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Not that I've heard anything official, but I'm pretty sure it will be the same type of "upgrade" as the visor phone deal - give them a serial number, and you can buy a new unit at the same cost you would normally pay with a new carrier package. This is fine by me, because just like the 270 (when it was new), the price without a carrier package is *way* too high.
    Originally posted by mportune
    Not that I've heard anything official, but I'm pretty sure it will be the same type of "upgrade" as the visor phone deal - give them a serial number, and you can buy a new unit at the same cost you would normally pay with a new carrier package. This is fine by me, because just like the 270 (when it was new), the price without a carrier package is *way* too high.
    I guess that makes sense. Usually with Sprint the prices are without a new line, and the new lines get some sort of mail-in rebate.
    The preorder pricing seems high to me and if those are the numbers I don't see any subsidy at all. I am not paying $675 to Sprint I don't care if this thing can let me control the space station (with proper programing) not for that price. Sprint is jacking the price up. I would suggest buying diect.

This was posted at www.pdaphonehome.com on 9/23

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=10273

Treo 600 for Sprint - Pre-order Now!
    We just posted the Handspring Treo 600 for Sprint PCS on our website and are accepting pre-orders. We expect to have them the week ov 10/6.

http://www.dpcomputerstore.com/bann...4331-1064348785

"The price is $549.95 if activating a new line of service or setting up a new account. A new line of service is a new phone number & plan.

If you are replacing an existing phone keeping the same number, you must purchase it at the unactivated price of $674.95.

The above link is the affiliate link for pdaphonehome.com. Please use this link if you order from us so this site benefits.

Thanks,
    Larry"
    Originally posted by PalmMD
    The preorder pricing seems high to me and if those are the numbers I don't see any subsidy at all. I am not paying $675 to Sprint I don't care if this thing can let me control the space station (with proper programing) not for that price. Sprint is jacking the price up. I would suggest buying diect.

This was posted at www.pdaphonehome.com on 9/23

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=10273

Treo 600 for Sprint - Pre-order Now!
    We just posted the Handspring Treo 600 for Sprint PCS on our website and are accepting pre-orders. We expect to have them the week ov 10/6.

http://www.dpcomputerstore.com/bann...4331-1064348785

"The price is $549.95 if activating a new line of service or setting up a new account. A new line of service is a new phone number & plan.

If you are replacing an existing phone keeping the same number, you must purchase it at the unactivated price of $674.95.

The above link is the affiliate link for pdaphonehome.com. Please use this link if you order from us so this site benefits.

Thanks,
    Larry"
    u didn't read the whole thing. If you read later on in the thread (or maybe it was at SprintUsers) he adds $75 if ur not adding a new line or are a new customer so he can still get his cut. He makes money on the activation and not the phone.
    u all have the cart b4 the hourse, lets c what happens w/out the histronics plez, take care, j