1.    #1  
    I e-mailed Rogers last evening to see what information they would have on the availability of the Treo 600 here in Canada. Here is their response (nothing earth shattering):

1) Will Rogers be carrying the Treo 600?

A- At this moment we are not able to obtain any press release
    information as to when and if this phone will be added into the
    wireless mix for Rogers. I went to the Handspring site and see it has just been announced there as well which tells me we are looking most likely to early next year for sale in Canada.

2) When will the phone be available to Rogers customers in Canada?

A - I think I covered this in question #1.

3) Will there be an upgrade incentive to existing Treo owners to buy the Treo 600?

A- A very good question. I have yet to see these kind of programs in place for customers moving within the same hardware groups. In my humble opinion the market is quite good for resale on places like ebay and possibly combined with the Treo 600 being placed on our Hardware Upgrade List in the future you could buy this and keep your plan and just renew terms to get the new unit.

4) What will be the cost of purchasing a Treo 600 with a 2 year
    contract.

A - At this time the information is not available to be made public.

I have registered on the Handspring website to receive updates on this new product which quite frankly may be the best source of updates as agreements are made with various carriers Handspring will be letting their clientele know.

Well I hope it is not "early next year" as the customer care rep says. Sorry no news from here in Canada.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
  2. MrH
    dgreensp,

Yeah too bad about that. I was talking with my Rogers corporate rep about this as well. He doesn't think that Rogers will adopt the phone as quickly as they had tonnes of trouble with customers and the original Treo, not to mention horrible service turn around. I believe that I have read that Handspring will be releasing a generic version that you can purchase directly from them, unlocked, ready for action. I'm almost thinking that would be a better way to go because then Handspring (palmOne) is directly responsible...bypassing the carrier.

I know that when they are available I will be rushing out to grab one so that I can finally get rid of my Blackberry. Though the BB950 has been good it doesn't work north of Barrie and it would be really nice to be able to have one device that does it all. If only the Treo 600 had Bluetooth like my SE T616 though...
    I'm sorry pal, but it looks like you got bull ****ted by those PRPRPR'$s$ $in$ $Rogers$.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by conflagrare
    I'm sorry pal, but it looks like you got bull ****ted by those PRPRPR'$s$ $in$ $Rogers$.
    Why do you say that considering that the Treo 180 and 270 came out months after it was available in the U.S.? Do you know anything about availability in Canada?
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    It took months after the US release for Bell to get the Kyocera 7135 on their network up here in Canada, and it took Telus even longer to get their act together. I doubt we will see the Treo 600 in Canada before Christmas, and probably not until well into the new year. It sucks, I want the phone, but the Canadian carriers seem to take forever to do anything.
    This was the word I got from our corporate rep, which seems to corroborate the above post by Mr H:

"Rogers is still iunder talks with Handspring/Palm in regards to the Treo 600. There are issues in regards to servicing the unitsn as through Handspring or Palm !?! And pricing is under negotiation also. I will give you a shout as soon as I hear something, it most likely will in late Q4 or late Q2 next year..."

7. MrH
    Originally posted by fred.illies
    This was the word I got from our corporate rep, which seems to corroborate the above post by Mr H:

"Rogers is still iunder talks with Handspring/Palm in regards to the Treo 600. There are issues in regards to servicing the unitsn as through Handspring or Palm !?! And pricing is under negotiation also. I will give you a shout as soon as I hear something, it most likely will in late Q4 or late Q2 next year..."

Yeah we'll have to see what happens, I'm not holding my breath with it as the CS experience for current Rogers Handspring users has been terrible. I'm not willing to take a chance with the unit (current BlackBerry 950 user, never used a Treo before) and get an unlocked one...but I want a path of responsibility going right back to Handspring/palmOne if things aren't working properly. I don't think it will be a problem, but why do I want to get locked into a longer contract just to save a couple hundred bucks. I'd rather have the freedom to sell the thing whenever.

M@