Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    hi, does anyone know if the 600 will use the same stylus, as I bought 3 extra when I got my 300, just in case, but I still have all 3. If thye are the same I will keep them 4 the 600 and sell the 300 with the one that came with it! thanks, jay
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    hi, does anyone know if the 600 will use the same stylus, as I bought 3 extra when I got my 300, just in case, but I still have all 3. If thye are the same I will keep them 4 the 600 and sell the 300 with the one that came with it! thanks, jay
    bad move. good chance it's not compatible. My stylus broke too, actually... but since I'm getting the 600 in a week or 2, I just glue+taped it.
  3. #3  
    The 600 stylus is not compatible with the 300. The 600 one is a little longer and thinner.

    The upside is that thanks to the 5-way navigation you will rarely have to use the stylus so hopefully you won't need any spares
  4. #4  
    I just hope the software developers have been hard at work putting their api into their softwares so we can use the 5 way pad more.
  5. #5  
    Q: Multi-function stylus for T600?

    Months ago, I got a cool three-function stylus (stylus, reset, and ink pen) for my T300 via Styluscentral.com.

    I use this as my pen almost exclusively and it really avoids clutter. My only problem with it is: the cap does not fit on the stylus end of the stylus when using the pen (you have to hold it in your hand.)

    Does anyone know about similarly available hybrid styli for the T600?
  6. #6  
    Yeah I miss multi stylus on my I700. I would like to get back to that like the pentopia I had for my Palms.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by PalmMD
    I just hope the software developers have been hard at work putting their api into their softwares so we can use the 5 way pad more.
    I've had my Treo 600 for a week now and the biggest "problem" so far is the lack of support for the 5-way pad. I've been told that a new SDK will be released quite soon and then we can just hope that more developers will add support to their apps; I will add support for it to Plucker.
  8. #8  
    It took some developers time to get this added for the Palm TT when it came out. The real goal of Palm PDA mfg. should be to develope common api's for video, 5 way controllers etc that way the programmers can do a better job. Each can still have their competitive edge, price point, features etc but some common ground and roots need to be established for it to continue its dominance of the market. One thing for sure is MS has tons of money and lots of time and big mfgs. too. I just don't want the tortoise to catch the rabbit this time.
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by PalmMD
    The real goal of Palm PDA mfg. should be to develope common api's for video, 5 way controllers etc that way the programmers can do a better job.
    I agree, but until that happens we have no choice but to support more than one API...
  10. #10  
    Don't get me wrong about the support and development issue. I know its tough and that Palm users rely very heavily on developers to get the latest api's into their apps. I was more directing it at SONY who doesn't like to play nice with the developers.

Posting Permissions