1.    #1  
    Just wondering since I'm planning on purchasing a 512mb SD card, or hopefully one of the new 1GB cards if they're available soon eough...

Anyway, can I use 1 SD card to simultaneously act as a backup for the 600, store photos and MP3's? Or will I need a card for each function?

Thanks.
    I am no SD card expert but I think that may actually depend on the software program you use for the card. I used to have (still do actually) a visor with a SD card in a springboard module and I used a program from PiDirect. It enabled me to configure different "directories" on the card. I set one up for backups, one up for programs seldom used, etc. You might want to find out what other software folks in here recommend. But I do believe PiDirect is a good place to check.
    :-)
    you can use one card...but remember after a hard reset, when it reads the card, it'll read all ur apps in alphabetical order...id much rathe but a 32 mb card and use it as back up seprate than my 256 meg photo storage card.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    I am not an expert on SD card stuff but I read that you can use the same SD card to back up Treo 600, store pictures, store MP3s etc. You can think of it as the hard drive in your computer.

But if you want to use the I/O (input/output) feature of the SD card slot on Treo 600 then u need to get different card for each I/O application. i.e. One for your GPS, another for Bluetooth etc.

I plan to get Minolta Dimage G500 and use the same SD card between my digital camera and Treo 600 . I still need to figure out if the high resolution pictures from my Minolta can be veiwed on Treo 600.

-chiru
    they can be viewed but details will be ancy...if it is nething like the 300 which it most definately is not as the density is greater(?) so it makes it look better than it really is...positive distortion if u will so ull be able to view the pics, but maybe not at the same quality.

cool. That will do... all I want to do is take picutres using my Minolta... review the pictures on my Treo 600 and email them to folks. I know I know.. your question could be.. why don't I use the in-built camera on Treo 600... well it is not 5MP with 3x Optical :-).

Another thought... if I receive an email with a high resolution picture as attachment.. i can download it onto SD card and veiw it on my Minolta .

SD card slot is the best thing to happen for Treo 600.

-chiru
    that would work...and i understand whyd ud use the minolta opposed to treo cam...but the treo cam is good for those with photo amplyfying software (like myself) to increase the res of the picture...so im going to be replacing my cam lol my s$%&*ty christmas tree shop camera LMAO

Originally posted by Llynx
    I am no SD card expert but I think that may actually depend on the software program you use for the card. I used to have (still do actually) a visor with a SD card in a springboard module and I used a program from PiDirect. It enabled me to configure different "directories" on the card. I set one up for backups, one up for programs seldom used, etc. You might want to find out what other software folks in here recommend. But I do believe PiDirect is a good place to check.
    :-)
    Sorry, but PiDirect is NOT compatible with Palm OS 5.x devices. The only other alternative AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $is$ $PowerRun$ $and$ $3rd$ $party$ $launchers$ $like$ $Zlauncher$ $etc$...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 09/23/2003 at 04:26 AM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions