1.    #1  
    Just finished with this site and I have to wonder ... Does anyone really expect the SPV or MPx200 to compete with the Treo 600?

Viewed all three phones and went through their demos and there can be only one conclusion that "reasonable people" with an "open mind" can reach ... the Treo 600 is more useful for this growing market than either the SPV or the MPx200.

These are the major points where these platforms diverge:

T9 vs thumboard ... there is a huge reason that major corporations use the Blackberry ... email. Text entry for email is far easier on a thumboard than using the T9 keypad. This makes the Treo 600 more viable for the corporate market.

Screen size ... how many times have we heard ... Size matters? The difference in screen size, especially when performing your email tasks, puts the 600 way ahead. Don't even attempt to work on any MS Office docs on the small screens of the SPV or MPx200. Going back to the BB (as it seems this is the big competition in the corporate world) ... it too has a large screen.

Form factor ... OK this one goes to the SPV and the MPx200, sort of ... but since I need and use the PDA functions in my 300 all day, every day, I need a form factor that can accomodate this. I never really had a problem with the form factor of my 300.

Resolution ... I know this is a touchy subject on these boards, but if you have to use reading glasses to see the text on the screen, who cares what the resolution is? Because the 600's screen size is slightly smaller than the 300's with the same resolution, my guess is that its perceived reolution will be higher. Looking at the photos on the Orange site (assuming they aren't, ahem, enhanced), the screen looks pretty good to me.

Usefulness out of the box ... Since I'm used to the Palm OS and its flexibility, ease of use, application availability and integration with a great phone, I'd choose the 600 over the other two (wow, bet that came as a shock to you).

Clearly, these phones are made for different markets. The SPV will compete more against the MPx200 (and vice versa) than either will against the Treo 600. The SPV and the MPx200 are phone centric and the Treo 600 is a converged device. They serve two different markets and needs.

I'll bet all three will succeed, purple dinosaurs not withstanding.
    Get ready for another lively discussion. purpleX rebuttal coming up!!!!!!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Treo Rat
    Get ready for another lively discussion. purpleX rebuttal coming up!!!!!!
    He's annoying enough and ruins enough threads on his own without others giving him unprovoked attention.

As for the original post: I have used both T9/predictive text entry and a thumboard (not just on the Treo). The thumboard is ALWAYS easier. There is no wrong words selected or the need for the stylus. All-in-all, it's faster.
  4. purpleX
    SPV 129.99
    mpx 239.99
    "x" ... if ya' don't like it, don't buy it ... ya' know you ain't gonna' sway anyone opinion here
    Originally posted by purpleX
    SPV 129.99
    mpx 239.99
    Yeah, you get what you pay for. People who want more would be happy to pay more.
  7. purpleY
    Originally posted by purpleX
    SPV 129.99
    mpx 239.99
    here is what he meant to say:

I would like to respectfully point out that the Treo 600 is not the most affordable option. For instance both the SPV and the mpx are cheaper, although "value" is truly in the eye of the beholder.
    Originally posted by tjd414
    Just finished with this site and I have to wonder ... Does anyone really expect the SPV or MPx200 to compete with the Treo 600?

Viewed all three phones and went through their demos ....
    Where did you find a demo for the MPx200?
    Originally posted by petway56

The softer side of purplex. LOL too much.. hehe
    Yeah that had me cracking up too
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by silverado

Where did you find a demo for the MPx200?
    I think my brain was working faster than my fingers could type. I went through the T600 and SPV info ... the MPx200 demo isn't there. Sorry ... my bad.