Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hmm... I've just started to reconsider getting the Treo 600, because of the post of picture taken with Treo600. Simply put, it's absolutely #&$*%. I might as well pretend that the camera doesn't exist... Having said that, what do you guys think of the SGH-i500 (if it EVER comes out). I'm getting a lot of mixed info on that one...

screen res?
    T-9 text predict only works in SMS?
    one site gave no memory card, another said MMC, and forum post said SD card?

Also, the biggest concern is if contact is integrated with phone dialing. If that is unavailable, then... well, it's pathetic...
    You said it. Pathetic. Before PurpleX comes in and voices his anti-palm propaganda (and I know that he will.) The
    SGH will have a low-res screen as covered in many other threads.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    The SGH will have the same 0.3 MP camera as the Treo600, except is will also include a flash. btw ya'll no my arguements...it will have high rez screenie...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4. 7ss
    Originally posted by mwylde
    The
    SGH will have a low-res screen as covered in many other threads.
    The SGH has been confirmed as 320x320 (plus some additional area for phone displays) but is likely still 4-6 months from release.
    Has anyone figured out if the bloody SGH-i500 is even going to be manufactured? Was it just marketing hype from Samsung in the heat of CeBit?
  6. 7ss
    It's typical Samsung Marketing. For whatever reasons they always seem to announce products long before they are actually ready. Latest info says they should arrive 1Q 2004.
    From what I understand the long delay is because Samsung wanted to include a Hi Res display and did not start getting them for testing until a month or so ago and won't get them in volume for manufacturing until later this year. Its doubtful if that is the case that the device will be out until early next year.

I would have purchased the Samsung had they been able to get it out before now. Its a shame that Samsungs product life cycle takes so long between product announcement and product availibility.
    All of the specs I have seen show that the SGH-i500 will not have 850 mHz GSM frequency. This is a big deal to me because I have ATTWS and there is talk of overlaying the 1900 mHz system with the 850. This is to fill in the dead spots of the 1900 mHz and there are HUGE dead spots! This upgrade is supposed to be soon, here in Portland,OR

This fact and the lack of thumboard (and the unknown of when it will be released) have steered me towards the T600. I have to wait until Jan to get out of my ATT contract and maybe go to tmo if it still exists in jan. If I go to tmo for one year, I can get the phone unlocked and even go back to ATT if I want.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    I do love this phone but with the release date in question I will probably try the T600 first. I like the thumb board but it it not a must-have for me.

BigTex
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Has there been any mention of carriers in the US besides Sprint? I am currently on VzW and mixed reports of yes/no on the T600. I got so sick of waiting for a decent PalmOS Smartphone I went to PPC. Now the T600 is out and I may move back but I don't care to jump carriers or goto Sprint based on their coverage in my area.
    Originally posted by 7ss

The SGH has been confirmed as 320x320 (plus some additional area for phone displays) but is likely still 4-6 months from release.
    It is 324x352 to be exact. It will be demo'd in the PalmSource Conference in Germany today. Shipping will probably be in Spring.
    ..until the portability of cell numbers is possible after Novemeber. I'll let Samsung attempt to release the phone by December. If they miss the holiday season, I may go for Handspring. Of all the issues discussed regarding the T600's inferiority to the SGH, the one that most concerns me is the non-removable battery. How they failed to include this feature is beyond me, and is the one reason I can't just jump on board right now. Alas.
    However, as I have told PurpleX numerous times concerning his predious Wanda, a product that wont be released for 7 months at the earliest isn't real, and it doesn't matter what feature set that they boast. The Treo 600, on the other hand, shall be released iminently. When I was about to buy my Treo 300, before I knew much about Treo, I saw an article in a handheld computing magazine about the Kyocera 7135. I boasted a great feature set, one much larger than the 300's, such as OS5. This was last August, and the release date was supposed to be November. However, I needed the phone THEN, rather than two months from then, and I'm very glad that I did not wait because it was several months late. Face it: the SGH is vaporware. It doesn't exist. If your wiling to wait 7+ months go ahead. For me, it's the T600 all the way.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    The Kyo 7135 is OS 4, no?
    Originally posted by mwylde
    However, as I have told PurpleX numerous times concerning his predious Wanda, a product that wont be released for 7 months at the earliest isn't real, and it doesn't matter what feature set that they boast.
    "Minor" details like this don't matter to those who only write about these devices without actually using any of them.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Yes, Palm OSŪ 4.1

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/7100...ifications.htm
    The Kyocera 7135 did in fact come out, eventually. Vaporware never materializes. Samsung's phone will make it to the shelves, it just may be delayed like their others. As I have said, I'm patient. I will give them until December. If they are still unable to produce, I will probably buy a Treo (two actually) and suffer with the non-removable battery, and the eventual degredation thereof.
    Sorry, I just checked and it is. However, it definetly has a larger feature set then te 300. I don't like the layout of it though-but a year ago I was naive.
    -ancient chinese adage
    http://www.pdafrance.com/pdarama/album63

New hi-res sgh-i500 demo'ed at Munich Conference yesterday.

dsc0024,25,34,37.jpg
    Originally posted by mcyang
    http://www.pdafrance.com/pdarama/album63

New hi-res sgh-i500 demo'ed at Munich Conference yesterday.

dsc0024,25,34,37.jpg
    Correction.

dsc0023,24,35,37,39.jpg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast