1.    #1  
    All,

This may be an odd questions, however, on GSM versions of the Treo600, you should be able to check email, chat, etc., all while simultaneously on a voice call.

Does anyone know if the Treo600 on the Sprint network will support this or is it just a feature of GSM?

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Actually you can do that on neither phone. The only thing you can "multitask" over the network is using SMS. And that doesn't go for the Sprint version.
  3.    #3  
    I just checked the specs on the Orange site (for the T600) and it claims that you can chat or check email WHILE on a phone call... they called it multitasking...

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Chat via SMS, correct. Check your email that was previously downloaded, correct. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $you$ $cannot$ $download$ $new$ $email$ $or$ $chat$ $over$ $the$ $internet$ ($AIM$, $for$ $instance$).
    You can check your inbox, not your mail. But then, I can do that now with my Treo 300.
    As I understand the question is : can you talk and perform data exchange via GPRS simultaneously with Treo600 ?

It depends upon GPRS class of device, that is

Class A
    Class A mobile phones can be connected to both GPRS and GSM services simultaneously.

Class B
    Class B mobile phones can be attached to both GPRS and GSM services, using one service at a time. Class B enables making or receiving a voice call, or sending/receiving an SMS during a GPRS connection. During voice calls or SMS, GPRS services are suspended and then resumed automatically after the call or SMS session has ended.

Class C
    Class C mobile phones are attached to either GPRS or GSM voice service. You need to switch manually between services.

In Treo developer guide thereis no information about it. I think in device manual it can be found.
    Technologies that may become mobile...
    According to the user manual, it is a class 10 class B device supporting CSD (whatever that is)
    CSD is Circuit Switch Data. Its like a dial up connection.