1.    #1  
    is it possible to sell the treo 300 for $300 -$350 on ebay?
    i can see that you can buy one for $99 after $300 service credits, but what do you think?

if your treo300 is in great condition, along with the cd-rom, cable and charger, i think it could be done. but just my opinion
    I don't. Right now no 300 has a bid over $180. No sold Treo went for over $250, and that was shrink-wrapped.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for letting me know, kurt . $180 doesnt sound worth it at all, exp with ebay shipping and advertising fees.

but how about this - if we give our treos to someone else who wants them, we could transfer our contracts to the treo 600 upgrade and sprint would have themselves an additional customer! possible, but its always tough with the hand-me-down problem. how about this?
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I don't. Right now no 300 has a bid over $180. No sold Treo went for over $250, and that was shrink-wrapped.
    I beg to differ but you might want to check that again..

http://tinyurl.com/o1sy

Seems to be a few in the high $200 range.
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
  5.    #5  
    this settles it. treo300 onsale at ebay as soon as availability of treo 600 is announced!! thanks a ton!!
    With eBay you can never underestimate the foolishness of some ***** to pay more than something is worth.

I've sold used items on Ebay that end up going for more than a new one. I can only shake my head as I gladly accept their checks..
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    Originally posted by treobk214
    this settles it. treo300 onsale at ebay as soon as availability of treo 600 is announced!! thanks a ton!!
    There will probably be a bunch of other Treo300 users thinking the same thing as you. There will probably be less demand for the 300 when the 600 comes out. So don't count on getting $300 when the 600 comes out.
    I won't be one of them. I have some lovely scratches on my case from it bouncing along the pavement.

Geoffrey
    I bought 2 Treo300s on eBay in July. One was used for $100 and the other was shrinkwraped for $200. $200 was my top price. With the release of the Treo600, I doubt you will get $200.
    Carl
  10.    #10  
    i will just have to wait and see what i will do. i will have a hard time parting with my $500 investment for a mere $100-$200. if that were to happen, i would politely pay ebay`s fees, close my site and say... no sale!!!
    Originally posted by treobk214
    i will have a hard time parting with my $500 investment for a mere $100-$200. if that were to happen, i would politely pay ebay`s fees, close my site and say... no sale!!!
    No disrespect meant, but buying a treo is not an investment. Investments are expected to go up in value, your (and my) Treo were obsolete the day we bought them. When I buy new technology I expect that it will be pretty much worthless in 1-2 years. I always give my older technology away to friends and coworkers. I have no false expectations. If I want/need newer technology and can justify the EXPENSE, then I buy it. If you view your Treo as an investment, I am sure I could find a bridge to sell you.
    Carl
    Ebayed my 270 yesterday for 350 euro. Which is the same price that I paid for it 9 months ago on ...Ebay.

Carl, what sort of bridges do you sell? ;-)

It will be a tough two weeks without a Treo.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    i've seen 270's going for over $300, that's why i still have my 180g. I'm not about to pay that much for something that's soon to be obsolete, at least to me. I think that's way too much for a used 270, so i'll wait till after November 24th when i can get a good deal on a 600 from someone besides T-Mo! Probably keep my 180g as a backup since it's not even worth the effort for what i could get for it.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Mol.... what kind of bridge do you want to buy.

If you are going to sell, now is the time. There are certainly people out there (lets call them the dumb masses.... say it fast) that do not know the Treo600 is on it's way. But if a lot of people flood eBay with old Treos. the price is bound to go down. Good old supply and demand.... econ101.

When I go out to buy things on eBay, I have a price I want to pay and no more. It killed me to pay $200 for the 2nd Treo300 I bought. That was the top of the price point for me.

Since I will not be selling my Treo300 when I get my 600 I am not concerned. I also am not sure I would take the chance of not having a Treo in my hand without some firm committment that we will have the 600 in two weeks. That was a brave and bold move if you ask me.
    Carl
    I'm looking for a bridge to cross the forthcoming two weeks :-D

I would have waited a little longer if I were in the US. Here in France it looks certain enough that the 600 will be out no later than the 10th. Also, I wanted to switch to Orange already and now with the Back Up feature I'm even more convinced. So no need to wait for when the unlocked version becomes available.

But of course I do hope that I can take one home from the Developers seminar tomorrow ...