1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying to setup my phone system to notify me of voicemail messages.

The problem is that I need to specify a phone number to send the numeric page, not an email address.

I know that I can send an email to:
    [phonenumber]@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    and receive a page, but is it possible to do it with just a phone number?

Thanks for your help and thoughts,
    iTreo
    Yes, it is possible as long as the program you're using supports the TAP protocol (any "paging" program should do this).

Phone number: 888-656-1727
    Pin: You SPCS phone number incl. area code
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    I'm note sure I understand. Do you want your office voicemail to send you a numeric page to your Treo whenever you receive a voicemail?! I don't think that's possible. Why not just call forward calls to the Treo? Also, have you tired to use various unified messaging services? The ideal solution IMO would be to get a unified messging service that sends an sms to your Treo whenever you receive a new viocemail. Or if that doesn't work, find a unified service that will send an email to your inbox which you can periodically poll or get pushed to your Treo. Hope this helps...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Just like the good ol' days when Motorola Advisor pagers roamed the earth, the use of a good ol' paging program like Skytel's own Access software you can use the TAP protocol and treat your SPCS phone as text/numeric pager.

Implemented before SPCS's internet gateway was in place, I still find it to be quicker than the gateways as well as far more reliable as you're not reliant on the many gotcha's of Sprint's SMTP infrastructure.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Gregg
    Yes, it is possible as long as the program you're using supports the TAP protocol (any "paging" program should do this).

Phone number: 888-656-1727
    Pin: You SPCS phone number incl. area code
    Gregg,

Thanks for the information. When I try to dial that phone number, it answers as a fax machine. Is the number correct? Or do I not understand what I'm supposed to do?

I'll do a google search for "TAP protocol".

Thanks again,
    iTreo
    ...but a modem, ready and willing to take the pin and message. Prior to these new-fangled SMTP gateways, the TAP protocol was what was used to send directly from a PC or server.

I might suggest that you download the program I linked to earlier, install it and play around a bit.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP