1.    #1  
    Hi! This link will get you a nice flash demo of the T600 from the Orange site

http://www.orange.com/English/forwar...sp?UID=&bhcp=1

Get ready to drool!!!!Enjoy
    If you follow the links for the "true story", there are links to show different product features at the bottom. The link for "show me SD expansion" produces a picture of the bottom of the phone with the hotsync/charger connector highlited. at least we all know better!
    I love that 3D view! It rocks!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Awesome! Thanks.

This is a better starting point for the info:

http://www.orange.com/English/forwar...ng/treo600.asp
    What was this I saw on multi-tasking?

"check your emails while talking on the hands free or make a call while browsing the web"

I did not think this was possible.
    Originally posted by tobtan
    Hi! This link will get you a nice flash demo of the T600 from the Orange site

http://www.orange.com/English/forwar...sp?UID=&bhcp=1

Get ready to drool!!!!Enjoy
    That is cool! Orange is doing a great job advertizing the 600. Why is it that we do not see similar advertizing by Sprint, T-Mobile or Cingular? The Treo 600 is designed in the USA. Why is it not launched in the USA first? Was it planned by Handspring to launch in Europe first?
    Originally posted by sir_mycroft

"check your emails while talking on the hands free or make a call while browsing the web"

Didn't this have something to do with the number of upstream or downstream GPRS "channels" (or something) that can be used simultaneously? If the phone is capable of this, does it also mean that all the GSM providers also provide this capability? Or just Orange so far?
    Handspring is does global business and I'm sure they don't care where the business comes from. I'm sure there are many reasons for this, none of them have to do with nationality.

Orange reportedly worked closely with HS on the 600. So I'm sure this has been in the works for many months. Approval takes different amounts of time in different companies. Also, wireless is a lot more mature in Europe, and it seems that Orange is a well-run company. What you are watching is a carefully orchestrated product launch by Orange as I'm sure they do with many products.
    Here is the best website for taking advantage of your camera phone. www.textamerica.com. This is a free site for uploading images to a Moblog (the image version of a BLOG). You simply email the images from your phone to your site and they appear there seconds later. It took me about a minute to set up my moblog. Can't wait to get my Treo 600 and try this. The Mail application can include image attachments - so this will work beautifully.
    Last edited by Poryphyron; 09/19/2003 at 06:43 PM.
    I am guessing that Text America will work on T600 from Sprint too just by sending an email from Business Connection. I hope BC supports image attachments - anyone know? Still, SnapperMail should do fine too.
    Last edited by Poryphyron; 09/19/2003 at 06:46 PM.
    Hey thanks for both the links. I hadn't see the interactive link before and the mblog sounds great!
    Everything about Orange looks top notch. Their website looks way better than our US providers. Even their office (from the product launch pictures) looks smooth. Plus they've got all the cool phones. Wish they were in the US
    go.digital
    Originally posted by leadtrumpetdave
    If you follow the links for the "true story", there are links to show different product features at the bottom. The link for "show me SD expansion" produces a picture of the bottom of the phone with the hotsync/charger connector highlited. at least we all know better!
    that is wrong, they show the same picture for "fast usb connection to your pc".

I found the flash interesting.

The french can't do conferance calls while the rest of Europe can have uptil 5 ppl on a call.

i like that orange changed the icons for the built in apps to have orange on them. I wonder if other carries will follow this? will t-mo have pink icons? I hope not.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    You know, with as much riding on this new Treo 600 as Handspring does, I find it puzzling that they have not done more to promote the Treo 600 on their OWN website.

It's sad that Orange in Europe is doing a 10x better job showcasing the Treo 600 on their site. Handspring's site hasn't changed much at all since the initial unveiling. It still just says "sneak peek." If anything, I would expect MORE information on Handspring's site. In my opinion, HANDSPRING should have some cool flash 3D viewer for site as well. Are they just lazy? No money to spend? Sleeping? Does anyone else find this strange?
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by RayUSA
    You know, with as much riding on this new Treo 600 as Handspring does, I find it puzzling that they have not done more to promote the Treo 600 on their OWN website.

It's sad that Orange in Europe is doing a 10x better job showcasing the Treo 600 on their site. Handspring's site hasn't changed much at all since the initial unveiling. It still just says "sneak peek." If anything, I would expect MORE information on Handspring's site. In my opinion, HANDSPRING should have some cool flash 3D viewer for site as well. Are they just lazy? No money to spend? Sleeping? Does anyone else find this strange?
    Ray, I totally agree with you.
    You would think that Handspring with have alittle more meat on their site about the Treo 600
    I've been saying for a while already that Orange marketing is going to make THE difference between the previous Treo and the 600. My company works a lot with Orange and our experience is that once they've made a decision on something then they will go for it all the way. Wouldn't be surprised if the Treo will outsell the SPV (go ahead Purplez).

What's the deal with 5way conf call not being available in France? I've been using the 3way version regularly on my 270. Doubt that it is due to a network issue so I'm hoping there will be a hack available soon enough to switch it back on. My guess is that the software between the Orange countries is not different in itself and there are only parameters to define country specific things.
    Greetings TREO-sters!!!!

I stopped in a Sprint store yesterday....spoke with the store manager. He did not know anything about the 600. A store manager!!!!! But he was quick to try and push a Microsoft OS based phone on me. I gave him a rather loud ( customers standing around) run down of the 600. I used my 300 as a "close sample". WHen I finished, a few customers asked the manager to get more info on the 600. COme to find out, Sprint did have a picture and a specs sheet for internal use only. The manager showed the sheet to the customers but was not able to get a price quoted.

Perhaps we Treo-sters need to be a sort of "salesperson". Go into a store and say "WHAT"....YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE 600?....MAN>..LET ME TELL YOU WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!!"

Bottom line.........I got about 10 people sold on getting the 600!!

GO TREO!!!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Originally posted by sir_mycroft

Can anyone clarify this? Is it carrier and/or network specific? i.e. is this only possible with GPRS, and only on from some providers, or could CDMA handle this also? This could be another good reason to upgrade from the Treo 300 (like I need another reason)