1.    #1  
    I am getting so excited for the release of the Treo 600 that I am already thinking about what software I am going to install. With that in mind, i would like to begin a post about the best software available for the Treo (that will hopefully be compatible with the 600) or Palm OS5. I will be swapping my Palm for a Treo and was just wondering if there are any Treo apps that are "must have." All software suggestions appreciated.....Thanks.
    Last edited by COTB; 09/19/2003 at 01:50 PM.
    PdaNet
    ZLauncher, Mergic VPN, WirelessModem or PDAnet, Palm VNC, GTS Racing, GTA, sim city, worldmate pro, ringo or tc ringer, tquickword,sheet, and chart, DaDa Baseball, DaDa Baseball, bebop, 300 bowl, verichat, bejeweled, collapse, galactic realms, igolf gps, f1 sprint,java hq, palmsn,ipanel,ackwire. reallly good apps totals to about 700 of 800 dollars.
    Icy
    300 w/ Sprint
    will be
    600 w/ Sprint
    Here's a few more:

1) Mobile DB (Database application)
    2) Splash Wallet Suite
    3) Noah Lite (dictionary)
    4) DateBk5
    5) Acid Solitaire
    6) Bejeweled
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    i dont understand what the purpose of mobiledb is...can u enlighten me plz lol
    Icy
    300 w/ Sprint
    will be
    600 w/ Sprint
    Originally posted by IcYPLaYa21
    i dont understand what the purpose of mobiledb is...can u enlighten me plz lol
    MobileDB for Palm OS by Handmark
    Is the To-Do List and Memo Pad too limiting for your personal and business data? Now you can utilize MobileDB to access and manage hundreds of data lists on your Palm, Handspring or Sony PDA. Use one of our MobileDB plug-ins to create data lists with Excel, Access or Filemaker then view, sort, filter, edit, share and manage the lists with MobileDB on your Palm OS device.

With MobileDB4 you can store and access MobileDB databases on your SD/MMC or Memory Stick expansion slot and even set your color preferences for rows and headers. Utilize the 7 data types including text, number, sequence, date, time, checkbox or list to ensure your data is properly formatted and sorted. Using MobileDB4 you can export your date-related records to the Date Book and address records to the Address Book.
    RayUSA

- Dan Quayle
    ahhh ty
    Icy
    300 w/ Sprint
    will be
    600 w/ Sprint
    No problem! I highly recommend it!

I've got databases of all kinds of things, like hundreds of drink recipes, inventories, top 100 movies and plots, world information (capitals, language, currency, population), US area codes and zip codes, etc... all stored in very small file sizes. There are thousands you can download for free and you can make your own too and import them.
    RayUSA

- Dan Quayle
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    does anyone know if the 600 comes with a ringtone manager? if not does TC have one in the works? it seems like this should be a built in function with all the hype regarding the new ringtones, but i haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    1. DateBook5
    2. Pacman
    3. Mark/Space Office Suite (Can't recommend that one enough!)
    4. Pam and Tommy's Greatest Hits (That one's not for the faint of heart)
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Timer:
    - TikTok
    Important Dates Reminder:
    - HappyDays
    File Utility:
    - myWorkBench
    Picture Viewer:
    - SplashPhoto
    Database:
    - SmartList To Go
    List Managers:
    - SplashShopper
    - SplashID (passwords)
    - Rebate Tracker
    General Info updated through the Internet:
    - AvantGo
    - Vindigo
    Memopad replacement/Word Processor:
    - WordSmith
    E-Book Reader:
    - PalmReader Pro
    Financial Manager:
    - BankBook
    Spreadsheet:
    - MiniCalc
    Reference:
    - DictionaryToGo
    - TomeRaider
    snapper mail
    verichat (hope ir works)
    avantgo
    dataviz doc 2 go
    splach id
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    1.) agendus 6.14
    2.) contacts 4.14
    3.) stock manager
    4.) weather manager
    5.) mapopolis gps for treo
    6.) splash id
    7.) flyzip or palm commander - compresses files, creates more memory space!
    8.) aol
    9.) cell plan tracker
    10.) splash photo
    11.) snappermail
    12.) bankbook 3.3
    13.) sketcher
    14.) bejeweled - handango version

expensive, but provide almost everything you need when on the go! they are terrific!
    Here is software that I can't live without. (And I mean that! Recently my hinge broke, and my replacement phone hard reset on its own, leaving me with no software for 3 days)

Verichat: Allows me to send and receive IMs from AOL, MSN, and yahoo.

Snappermail: The ONLY email program you will ever need. Attachment support, too

Mark/Space fax: Send AND RECEIVE faxes. Receive must be supported by your phone. No current treo supports receive, but i'm hopefull for the 600.

Quickoffice: The best Office suite. Seamlessly intergrates with Snappermail, so someone can email you a native microsoft office file, and you can view and edit them on your handheld.

Mapopolis: Imagine a digital Thomas guide in your pocket.

Xiino: A terrific web browser. This browser already supports javascript, and frames on my Treo 300. With this browser, I can access my HOTMAIL account on the go.

PDAnet: Allows me to use my phone as my ISP on my desktop and laptop.

TreoSMS: Two way sms on the Sprint Network.

HanDbase: This is a database program that syncs with MS Access. I need to try the program mentioned earlier.

Flyzip: Compress programs not used often to save space on your handheld.

Winhand: Allows me to remotely access my PC.

AcidImage: JPG viewer for your handheld.

Adobe for Palm OS: View PDF files on your handheld.

There are two programs that I will get when I upgrade:

Kinoma player: Watch movies on my handheld.

Remote control: Use your handheld as a Universal Remote. I tried this on my 300 but the infrared port is too weak to provide any decent range. I'm hopefull this too will change on the 600.

Mp3 player: If there isn't a decent one included.

My 2 cents.

BTW, does anyone know a way to hotsync with the 300 over the air? Keep in mind, I don't have my computer logged on the internet all the time. Is there a way to hotsync with a 3rd party service or something?
    Great way to practice using the thumboard! Old timers will recall Infocom's classic text adventures, and real old timers will remember the precursors on unix in the 70's. Zork I II and III are freely available, and eBay usually has the compilations of the early 90's and later for cheap. Plus there are zillions of non-commercial text adventures on the net. I dusted off all my infocom games (well, not the old atari versions), and stuffed thirty of them onto my my 300 (the datafiles are generally 30-130kB). Genres range from scifi (Starcross, Planetfall) to campy (Leather Goddesses of Phobos) to dungeonesque (Zork series) to magic & wizardry (Sorcerer) to detective (Deadline, Suspect), to whodunnits to just plain strange (A Mind Forever Voyaging). And of course Doug Adams's Bureaucracy, and his Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which starts:

You wake up. The room is spinning very gently around your head. Or at least it would be if you could see it which you can't.

It is pitch black

> inventory

You have:
    a splitting headache
    no tea

> turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one in your life. ...

search google for 'frotz' to get the emulator. Better yet, search for 'interactive fiction' to get an introduction to what's out there and pointers to the zork datafiles (on activision's site, I believe).

Mark
    Originally posted by treobk214
    5.) mapopolis gps for treo

Can you get mapopolis to work?!?! I can't the GPS thing never shows up...i have a registered version of mapopolis and when installed them together, it didnt work, when i installed gps then mapopolis it didnt work, when i took it out and put mapopolis then gps it still didnt work? then i just deleted it altogether.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    HANDAGO'S advertisement on the web has 7 pages promoting
    Snapper Mail. The first page has a picture of a Treo 600. On page 7 under HARDWARE SUPPORT it lists Jog rocker
    5-wav Nav
    Treo 600 Navigation
    MEMORY CARD

It looks like a lot of developers are ready to sell us software that is designed to work with the Treo 600. Now if only we could get the Treo 600 to use with the software!!!
    herbdexter
    Herbdexter,
    That's cool! I'm so glad they are specifically working to make Snapper use all the 600's features. It's a great product.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    does anyone know if the 600 comes with a ringtone manager? if not does TC have one in the works? it seems like this should be a built in function with all the hype regarding the new ringtones, but i haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Originally posted by randyg
    When looking through the Treo 600 manual that was posted, I saw some section in there about setting tones for different system events, like incoming calls, alarms, reminders...etc.