Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't remember who created it, but someone created the wireless modem for the Treo 300. It is BRILLIANT - I use it all of the time.

1) Mine is about to expire, does anyone know where I can contact this guy to purchase it?

2) Will the Treo 600 support this same wireless modem app? If not, when & where will there be a comparable app out there?

Thanks.
    Forgive my ignorance but why do you need a modem utility if you have a phone service that allows you access to the internet?

Is it only used for dialing into dialup accounts?
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    u need it incase ur in a hotel or something and u dont have an internet connection on ur laptop...ur obviously not a businessman im guessing
    Icy
    300 w/ Sprint
    will be
    600 w/ Sprint
    Gotcha. Didn't see the PC/PDA connection there.

ur obviously not a businessman im guessing
    You'd be guessing wrong. I do not currently own a Treo (waiting for the 600). I just stay in hotels that have phone lines...

Very neat idea however...
    Sean Dotson, PE
    doesnt matter if u dont have a treo ud realize the importance of an internet connection...
    Icy
    300 w/ Sprint
    will be
    600 w/ Sprint
    Originally posted by IcYPLaYa21
    doesnt matter if u dont have a treo ud realize the importance of an internet connection...
    You can't even successfully use the internet connection you have to purchase shareware and you're criticizing him?
    it can be cracked ya know...and i am critizing him because eh claims to be a business man but doesnt realize the importance of an internet connection...
    Icy
    300 w/ Sprint
    will be
    600 w/ Sprint
    Originally posted by IcYPLaYa21
    it can be cracked ya know...and i am critizing him because eh claims to be a business man but doesnt realize the importance of an internet connection...
    What? He doesn't have a treo and he's asking questions, that is what the boards are for.
    IcY

You know sometimes I get these feelings..

And the truth is, that I work hard to not judge people, but everytime you type a word...... I like you less.

I think that you are basically a jerk. I've thought this for a while, ever since you started bombarding us with irrelevant rapid posts.

Also, judging by the way you treat pepople who are just asking for a little help (the purpose of these boards) I have come to the conclusion that...

you aren't a good person

Sorry about that.
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed
    IcY

(regarding ICY)
    I think that you are basically a jerk. I've thought this for a while, ever since you started bombarding us with irrelevant rapid posts.

I second that !!!
    ..and I'm supposed to take this berating from someone who can't even form a grammatically correct sentence? Who’s more likely the professional here?

Why do I have the mental picture of a 14-year old wannabe hacker?

Do me a favor and don't answer any more of my questions.

Thanks longday and WeeBit...
    Last edited by sdotson; 09/19/2003 at 02:57 PM.
    Sean Dotson, PE
    sdotson

I couldn't agree more.. EvErY TiME ThAt i lOoK aT That it makes me laugh out loud.

You are more than welcome here, you will find that most of us are happy to help, but oCcSsIoNaLlY you will find the few annoying ****s.

I wish they would dissappear, but it seems that they never do... and then they start doing really stupid crap like re-posting things to get their thread to the top and jsut filling these boards with nonsense.

Hopefully it will pass once that are mature enough to vote.
    How original to post picture links that someone else has already posted to get your thread to the top.
    sdotson the really great thing about Wireless Modem is that you can use it to connect your laptop to the internet from the car, in a hotel, in a park, at a scenic vista - wherever you get cell coverage. Any time of day and unlimited (presuming you have unlimited Vision)
    This Scott Gruby that created this tool is a pretty sharp guy. I would expect that the Treo 600 out of box would still need this kind of software to use as a wireless modem.
    Longday,

Yes it makes perfect sense. I just wasn't making the Laptop / Phone connection. I was focused on the phone itself.

I absolutley see how this wil be a great tool.

Thanks for the bit of education.
    Sean Dotson, PE
    Humm, I sense negativism in this thread. Peace on earth
    Oh, by the way, WeeBitObsessed, I like your saying in Hebrew, but it is spelled wrong.
    Cheers!
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Originally posted by longday
    sdotson the really great thing about Wireless Modem is that you can use it to connect your laptop to the internet from the car, in a hotel, in a park, at a scenic vista - wherever you get cell coverage. Any time of day and unlimited (presuming you have unlimited Vision)
    Yes it is amazing what is possible with the Treo. I use PDAnet occasionally with my Vaio SRX 77 when I do not have a landline and it is a Godsend. Anyone know if PDANet will run on the 600 and if the USB cable is the same as the 300? I believe I have read somewhere on this board that it is the same but I am looking for confimation.
  20.    #20  
    For those who are curious, I use the wireless modem in the Treo with my laptop because it allows me to be completely mobile. I use it in my car, in the bar (nothing like working in the middle of the afternoon while sucking down a cool Guiness in your favorite pub), at friends' houses, during meetings in awkward places, at client's offices that lack internet access in conference areas (they are usually quite impressed by it), etc. The small screen on the Treo is obviously lacking the real estate a laptop has to offer, so that is why I prefer my laptop - it also seems faster for some reason.

It's also FREE and unlimited access to the internet for me as I'm on Sprint's unlimited PCS plan. DSL is great, but nobody offers wireless access for the Mac right now that I'm aware of. Is anyone else familiar with any service plans offering higher-speed wireless access for Macs?

While everyone may not be as mobile as I am, for those who are, it is a God-send. Trust me on this one. I highly recommend it:

WIRELESS MODEM FOR TREO:
    www.notifymail.com/palm/ (thanks to baguion for the link)
    Last edited by sfolger; 09/20/2003 at 01:39 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast