1.    #1  
    The Australian Financial Times posted the Walter Mossberg
    review but with the flashier title above
  2. purpleX
    Usually positive review, good PRPRPR, $and$ $ad$ $campaign$ $are$ $focused$ $precisely$ $around$ $the$ $moment$ $of$ $product$ $launch$.

But yet treo 600 is not here yet. If it doesn't show up in the store within 2 weeks all those PRPRPR $campaign$ $is$ $for$ $nothing$. $Ad$ $campaign$ $has$ $a$ $short$ $shelf$ $life$. $Something$ $has$ $gone$ $wrong$ $in$ $the$ $production$ $line$.

btw, treo 600 supposes to come out Sept 3, according to MS slide. It's the 19, all the review are out, but the gadget is no show.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by purpleX
    Usually positive review, good PRPRPR, $and$ $ad$ $campaign$ $are$ $focused$ $precisely$ $around$ $the$ $moment$ $of$ $product$ $launch$.

But yet treo 600 is not here yet. If it doesn't show up in the store within 2 weeks all those PRPRPR $campaign$ $is$ $for$ $nothing$. $Ad$ $campaign$ $has$ $a$ $short$ $shelf$ $life$. $Something$ $has$ $gone$ $wrong$ $in$ $the$ $production$ $line$.

btw, treo 600 supposes to come out Sept 3, according to MS slide. It's the 19, all the review are out, but the gadget is no show.
    Relax, PurpleY, it is coming within 2 weeks. It has shown up on the Orange UK website. They wouldn't have put it up there if it weren't there. All indications are that the 600 is now being shipped and they are filling inventory.

So relax! Your "worries" are unfounded.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Smartphone 2002 was supposed to be released in the US in Q2 of 2002...what happened? Something went wrong in the production line, I suppose...

Sorry, just had to get that in
  5. purpleX
    Smartphone was definitely 2 years late, specially after all the initial gung ho noise MS is making two years ago. But Microsoft can indulge little stupidity and misstep with 40B cash. After second launch they seem to get their act together.

Treo 600 on the other hand is the one and only HS product, and it doens't have infinite windows of opportunity. Each passing days are taken from the 8 months shelf life.

By March next year, we can decide for sure what is this conversation is suppose to be about.

Treo 600 on the other hand is the one and only HS product, and it doens't have infinite windows of opportunity. Each passing days are taken from the 8 months shelf life.

More accrately stated as HS's last product, now one of PalmOne's many products.

By March next year, we can decide for sure what is this conversation is suppose to be about.
    You critisize the treo camp for being 2 weeks late, but you want us to wait 6 months for your argument to be proven???

You ain't that special to get privleges like that...

Treo is proven technology that works...
    Palm is proven software that works and does a few things really well...
    M$ PPC is proven software that does almost anything and then crashes...

When people come into my store, people dont ask when the latest Pocket PC phone will come out, or even PDA phone for that matter... They ask when is the next Palm Phone coming out, even if they meant to say Pocket PC phone... That says a lot, becase people identify with the name... Palm pilot phone, kleenex tissues, Saran wrap, Chevy Truck, etc...

Ill be the first to tell you that I myself actually like Pocket PC for what it can do. I have an HP 5450 that works great for me as I don't have a laptop presently. However when it comes to the integration with a phone, I think the Treo is where its at and thats why you can catch me 100% of the time with my trust Treo 300 on my hip. It does enough to be a powerful phone with a high speed modem attached, and thats it... Mom always said do one thing, and do it well, and in this instance where I need a good phone and a good PDA with email, web, and telnet ability, It does it with no fuss. PPC is too busy trying to be a jack of all trades, yet a master of none.
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
  8. purpleX
    Y>>>ou critisize the treo camp for being 2 weeks late, but you want us to wait 6 months for your argument to be proven???

I suspect there is a glitch in the launch, It might even not be if the treo shows up next week.

the six month part is when we finaly know treo is just another luke warm gadget, or the super block buster seller as some people want it to believe.

>>Treo is proven technology that works...
    Palm is proven software that works and does a few things really well...
    M$ PPC is proven software that does almost anything and then crashes...

treo is a proven technology that doesn't sell.
    PPC is not a phone.

Your mom wasn't born when convergence is a buzz word. If she does she better explains whats the difference between a smartphone and a generalized handheld computer with radio transmitter.

I wasn't aware POS is capable of doing anything well beside being an organizer, let alone smoothly functioning telnet and web browser. Email? as long as it's text I suppose.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Someone can't even post something positive without it being drawn down by a palm hater. What was the point?? NONE but to be obnoxious.

Sigh...
    Last edited by njchris; 09/19/2003 at 02:58 PM.
  10.    #10  
    I suspect there is a glitch in the launch, It might even not be if the treo shows up next week.
    You're very funny, Purpley Where does your suspicion come from? I think you should be more accurate and call it what it really is: your wish!

Now that it's coming and you see people really liking it, you just can't stand it and are wishing that it is delayed
  11.    #11  
    oops
    Last edited by silverado; 09/19/2003 at 01:24 PM.
  12. purpleX
    Originally posted by silverado

You're very funny, Purpley Where does your suspicion come from? I think you should be more accurate and call it what it really is: your wish!

Now that it's coming and you see people really liking it, you just can't stand it and are wishing that it is delayed
    *shrug*

I post my reason. It might or might not happen, but wanna bet 600 won't show up this month?

plus in 'wishfull thinking' department. I believe you are still a head of me. I wasn't the one eating up the spin about screen, battery, or how BT will make a phone chunk up.

Is not like this 'treo's late' never happens before.

the six month part is when we finaly know treo is just another luke warm gadget, or the super block buster seller as some people want it to believe.
    I can't speak for the GSM side, but AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $SPCS$ $will$ $have$ $it$ $out$ $to$ $our$ $business$ $customers$ $sometime$ $near$ $the$ $middle$ $of$ $October$, $and$ $in$ $the$ $retail$ $channel$ $within$ $a$ $week$ $of$ $that$. $There$ $are$ $already$ $big$ $shots$ $within$ $the$ $company$ $that$ $have$ $been$ $seen$ $armed$ $with$ $the$ $devices$, $and$ $the$ $sales$ $people$ $in$ $my$ $office$ $already$ $have$ $the$ $sales$ $tools$, $and$ $are$ $due$ $to$ $get$ $trained$ $on$ $the$ $device$ $if$ $they$ $havent$ $recieved$ $traning$ $already$ $in$ $the$ $next$ $week$... $Bottom$ $line$, $barring$ $some$ $serious$ $glitch$ $in$ $the$ $distribution$ $system$ ($like$ $what$ $happened$ $with$ $the$ $i500$) $we$ $will$ $get$ $to$ $market$ $on$ $time$... $Too$ $bad$ $we$ $couln$'$t$ $do$ $that$ $with$ $our$ $version$ $of$ $the$ $samsung$ $i700$ $PPC$ $device$, $but$ $its$ $because$ $MS$ $wouldn$'$t$ $give$ $us$ $a$ $license$ $for$ $PPC$ $2003$ $in$ $a$ $timely$ $manner$...

treo is a proven technology that doesn't sell.

Treos were marketed to a niche market... Not the general consumer the way most PDAs are. That targeted audience is the mobile workforce. True enough, sales didn't meet expectations, but Ive seen a helluva lot more Treos in all their GSM and CDMA forms, than their PPC phone bretheren...

PC is not a phone

But it's trying to become one in addition to everything else!

Your mom wasn't born when convergence is a buzz word. If she does she better explains whats the difference between a smartphone and a generalized handheld computer with radio transmitter.
    Remember that mobile workforce I talked about above? My mom is a member of it, and guess what she, her co-workers, and her boss use? Treo 300s of course! They will be moving to T600s as soon as we get them... Oh they evaluated the Pocket PC Phone Edition on TMo before going to us, and then evaluated the toshiba PPC and the new Hitachi g1000 on our network along with the Treo... They said the treo was better able to support their application due to its palm interface because reliablity was an issue, and the battery life was better overall...

I wasn't aware POS is capable of doing anything well beside being an organizer, let alone smoothly functioning telnet and web browser. Email? as long as it's text I suppose.
    have you seen SnapperMail??? It does HTML too... I use Xiino and iPanel along with Blazer, so I can look at content from almost any website... the only thing that is slowing me down is the 33Mhz proc on this thing... but with that 140Mhz ARM chip in the t600, and Blazer 3.0 which is really Netfront under the hood, It is speedy, just as good as any net connected PPC... I know, because I played with one in the office a few days ago for 3 mins...

True the screen isnt large... but for me this will be phone, IM and email first, light browsing second, everything else third... So I couldnt care less about it doing my taxes, washing my car, changing my channels, etc. Thats why its called the Treo Communicator!
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
  14.    #14  

*shrug*

I post my reason. It might or might not happen, but wanna bet 600 won't show up this month?

plus in 'wishfull thinking' department. I believe you are still a head of me. I wasn't the one eating up the spin about screen, battery, or how BT will make a phone chunk up.

Is not like this 'treo's late' never happens before.
    Your reason doesn't make sense to me. Where did you get the Sept 3 date? What is the "MS slide"?

What are you talking about when you say "eating up the spin re screen, battery"? Please explain so that I can respond.

By the way, for the 5th time, what handheld device(s) do you own and use?