1.    #1  
    If you dial ##debug on your Treo, a menu comes up with a host of info.

Does anyone know what units the values for Rx, Tx, Tx Adj are in?
    The numbers are -143, -49, -127 respectively on my Treo 300.

I am assuming it is in dB but not sure because per my Sanyo 4900's dubug menu: which says the Rx level is -96 dB (quite a difference compared to the Treo) and both phones are next to each other.

In case you are wondering why I am asking these questions, I am trying to hook up an external panel antenna with a 10 db gain to the Sanyo and the Treo and would like to be able to use the phones as a signal strength meter for my tests. The signal bars on the phones just does not have enough granularity for what I need.
    I too have been looking for a coaxial plug to match the "hidden" one of the Treo300.

Also, what screen do you type in the4 debug code? I didn't have any luck.

Also there was another diagnostic code mentioned the other day and I wrote it down and cannot find it ?? Any help??
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by ishiffrin
    I too have been looking for a coaxial plug to match the "hidden" one of the Treo300.

Also, what screen do you type in the4 debug code? I didn't have any luck.

Also there was another diagnostic code mentioned the other day and I wrote it down and cannot find it ?? Any help??
    go to phone screen and punch in ##debug (##33284) and hit dial. After you try it, what is your Rx level and how many bars of signal does do you have?
    Hmmm, all I get is a message from ATT saying that isn't a valid number. Do you disable wireless communication first?
    RX -194 I don't see any bars on that screen. Two bars when i exit out.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by RawData
    Hmmm, all I get is a message from ATT saying that isn't a valid number. Do you disable wireless communication first?
    I have Sprint and I posted this on the Treo 300 forum. Maybe this debug number is Sprint only?
    Originally posted by newtreouser

I have Sprint and I posted this on the Treo 300 forum. Maybe this debug number is Sprint only?
    Hmmm, maybe, I've got a 180...
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    RX -194 I don't see any bars on that screen. Two bars when i exit out.
    Your right, you won't see bars on the debug menu, only after you exit out. Anyone else with Sprint want to check and post what your Rx, Tx, Tx Adj numbers are? Go to the phone app and type in ##33282 and tap the green phone icon.

Mine is -160, -13, -127 with 1 bar. The numbers do jump around a bit depending on signal level I suppose.

I am still not sure what these numbers mean or what unit it's in for the Treo. If it is in dB, then the higher the number should correspond to more bars. For example on my Sanyo 4900 (which is in dB), it is -96 dB with 4 bars and -107 dB with 1 bar (when I'm in the basement).
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    FYI my 300 shows Rx -172, Tx -12 and TX adj at -127

That's with it fluctuating from 1-2 bars.
    i was under the impression that the first number in the debug screen, the RSSI number, was the actual signal strength in dB. Mine is usually at -80 with 3 bars, -108 and it craps out and loses signal
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by Brooose
    i was under the impression that the first number in the debug screen, the RSSI number, was the actual signal strength in dB. Mine is usually at -80 with 3 bars, -108 and it craps out and loses signal
    I think you may be right because the Rx number goes the other way (the wrong way for dB). Anyone else in the know can shed more light on this and the other parameters on the debug menu?
    RSSI (Receive Signal Strength Indicator) (dBm).
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    FYI here is my info:

Rx, Tx, Tx Adj = -220, -0, -127 in pretty close to full service.
    Doesn't CDMA work on a constantly adjusted Db gain value? The advantage is that the cell phone always fluctuates the amount of gain on it's antenna so that it's maximizing battery life. Why send at full strength when sending at medium strength is good enough. How strong is strong enough? Just enough to make it noticable about the background noise levels.