1.    #1  
    Now SprintPCS is offering plans with roaming included. My question is: 1) Do they roam on Verizon's network? What is that network (CDMA 1800, 900, et.)?
    2) Is it digital roaming?
    3) If one owned a single band Treo (300 or 600 with Sprint) and signed up for roaming included plans, and the roaming was on Verizon's digital network, wouldn't that be virtually spotless coverage?

Combine Sprint's coverage with Verizon's and it seems pretty seamless no? Sounds like the perfect plan to me!!! Or not?
    First of all the CDMA bands are CDMA 800 MHz / CDMA 1900 MHz. Sprint mostly uses CDMA 1900 while the majority of Verizon's network uses CDMA 800. If you buy a dual band CDMA phone from Sprint, it would allow digital roaming on CDMA 1900 via Verizon's network. The Treo300 is a monoband CDMA 1900 MHz phone, thus there is no capability of digital roaming. The CDMA version of the Treo600 however will be dual band CDMA 800 / CDMA 1900 and allow digital roaming.

Furthermore, to have 'complete' coverage, you also should have AMPS which neither of the Treos do. Thus if you're out of digital coverage, you have no analog signal for backup...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    First of all the CDMA bands are CDMA 800 MHz / CDMA 1900 MHz. Sprint mostly uses CDMA 1900 while the majority of Verizon's network uses CDMA 800. If you buy a dual band CDMA phone from Sprint, it would allow digital roaming on CDMA 1900 via Verizon's network. The Treo300 is a monoband CDMA 1900 MHz phone, thus there is no capability of digital roaming. The CDMA version of the Treo600 however will be dual band CDMA 800 / CDMA 1900 and allow digital roaming.

Furthermore, to have 'complete' coverage, you also should have AMPS which neither of the Treos do. Thus if you're out of digital coverage, you have no analog signal for backup...
    Actually, Sprint's network is 100% 1900 mhz. Even though the Treo 300 is single band, because parts of Verizon's network are 1900 mhz, it's possible to roam digitally on those parts of the network.
    When you digital roam onto Verizon's network, whether 800 or 1900, you have voice service only, no data, correct?
    Originally posted by John P. Smith
    When you digital roam onto Verizon's network, whether 800 or 1900, you have voice service only, no data, correct?
    That's correct. You only get voice service while roaming whether it's digitally or using analog.