1.    #1  
    Why on earth would T-Mobile agree to offering the 600 three weeks after Sprint launches? Seems they will be risking the loss of a bunch of current customers. Like me for instance.

But here is the real question: Which is better: CDMA(Sprint) or GSM(T-Mobile)?
    When did you hear that T-Mobile will be offering the Treo 600.. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $they$ $haven$'$t$ $announced$ $anything$ $yet$ $other$ $than$ $the$ $speculation$ $that$ $an$ $unlocked$ $GSM$ $T600$ $will$ $work$ $on$ $their$ $network$.
    Correct me if I am wrong.
    Originally posted by Speedracer
    When did you hear that T-Mobile will be offering the Treo 600.. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $they$ $haven$'$t$ $announced$ $anything$ $yet$ $other$ $than$ $the$ $speculation$ $that$ $an$ $unlocked$ $GSM$ $T600$ $will$ $work$ $on$ $their$ $network$.
    Correct me if I am wrong.
    I agree, but I would say that assuming that the unlocked GSM version would work on their network is alot more than mere speculation. First of all, GSM phones are very standard and an FCC or CE approved phone pretty much guarantees that it's going to work. In addition there have been many reports of people using a 600 as their phone, including Greg Sharai (sp) (which could be seen on the CNET video) and Jeff Hawkins.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    In regards to your GSM vs CDMA take the following into account:

1.- Operator minute and data plans.
    2.- If you travel worldwide GSM is a +.
    3.- CDMA Data speeds are much higher than GSM.
    4.- Sprint Network was built from scratch, T Mobile is built on other old and new pieces.
    Originally posted by veroi
    In regards to your GSM vs CDMA take the following into account:

1.- Operator minute and data plans.
    2.- If you travel worldwide GSM is a +.
    3.- CDMA Data speeds are much higher than GSM.
    4.- Sprint Network was built from scratch, T Mobile is built on other old and new pieces.
    I agree with your four items.
    Plus GSM has SIM card which is a plus. GSM is used worldwide; I traveled to China this summer and was able to use my Treo there With a CDMA Treo you won't be able to do that. Also, a GSM Treo's battery will work longer.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
  6.    #6  
    I am just going on the Wall Street Journal article today which said that Tmobile is planning on the 600 coming online approx. three weeks following the Sprint launch. I was livid, being a Tmobile user. Seems that early adopters will jump to Sprint.

Wasn't Tmobile CDMA before they switched to GSM? With CDMA, do you have to 'dial out' to a ISP or is it more like GSM that avoids any ISP?
    I think it really depends on your area. On average, Sprint has a much larger network and will have more coverage. Sprint also has higher data transfer capability with up to 144 kbps (even though you will never see that rate). T-Mobile is cheaper for the service, but I get 2000 months per minute for two phones, unlimited data, and long distance included through Sprint for $85 which seems better than any T-Mobile plan that I can find. The GSM Treo will also roam more international, CDMA is only gaining in some Asian countries now.

T-Mobile's coverage does look much better than when I last looked at it though. I think that if you like your current provider and don't have a good reason to leave, then why leave (If it ain't broke don't fix it). Three weeks of T-Mobile not offering the phone seems like an extreme reason to leave.

I don't think that all of the CDMA bashers that say the GSM is so superior realize that the next generation of GSM will be using WCDMA (Wideband CDMA), so obviously the basic CDMA technology is sound and obviously the GSM forum agree with this.
    With Sprint Vision you hit the web button and it authenticates on the network. Vision is the ISP. Sprints CDMA now is all data I believe, even the voice.
    Originally posted by lnichols
    T-Mobile is cheaper for the service, but I get 2000 months per minute for two phones, unlimited data, and long distance included through Sprint for $85 which seems better than any T-Mobile plan that I can find.
    2000 months for $85??!! Wow, THAT's a great plan!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by lnichols
    With Sprint Vision you hit the web button and it authenticates on the network. Vision is the ISP. Sprints CDMA now is all data I believe, even the voice.
    You can use Vision everywhere, but the voice is still separate from the data (although the PTT that they will be releasing uses VoIP technology).