1.    #1  
    Fatal error every time. What's it supposed to do?
    SIM Services are various functions you can envoke to enhance your phone. eg. you could request a confirmation message for every phone call you make. Or get the cost of all calls made to Paris.

The services on offer (if any) are directly related to your service provider and are not a 'feature' of the phone itself.

If you have SIM Services (and it works), most requests to the network normally incur some kind of charge.

I would say that SIM Services is not supported by your network or it is but has not been activated for your account.

Contact your service provider for more info.

Oh, to stop it crashing your phone, just don't use it.

www.gsmworld.com
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by nzmoko
    SIM Services are various functions you can envoke to enhance your phone. eg. you could request a confirmation message for every phone call you make. Or get the cost of all calls made to Paris.

The services on offer (if any) are directly related to your service provider and are not a 'feature' of the phone itself.

If you have SIM Services (and it works), most requests to the network normally incur some kind of charge.

I would say that SIM Services is not supported by your network or it is but has not been activated for your account.

Contact your service provider for more info.

Oh, to stop it crashing your phone, just don't use it.

heh - thanks!

i never do use it nor do i need it - but wanted to know what it was that kept causing the fatal errors.
    is probably that you have done the gprs update, but your backup software (backup buddy?) has replaced the old simservice version.

Solution is to do the gprs update again, delete the simservice file from your backup directory (so it is not replaced) and continue.

Having said that - it's not much use - there are some features on virgin in the UK, but I haven't heard of others.

You might also have a similar issue with your security programme.

Search the board for more details try sim service and fatal error!
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    is probably that you have done the gprs update, but your backup software (backup buddy?) has replaced the old simservice version.

Solution is to do the gprs update again, delete the simservice file from your backup directory (so it is not replaced) and continue.

Having said that - it's not much use - there are some features on virgin in the UK, but I haven't heard of others.

You might also have a similar issue with your security programme.

Search the board for more details try sim service and fatal error!
    Thanks... seems like a lot of work for a useless program, so i'll probabyl just pass. You're probably right thought about that being what it is - i did my own gprs update.