1.    #1  
    I bought a Treo 180 back in January. I sent it back once because it stopped connecting to the network (even after radio reset), and T-Mobile nicely handled my request quickly.

My current issue is my USB connector...it's come loose and requires applied pressure to charge, sync, etc. I want to replace the unit, of course, before it fails entirely, and I've seen a lot of people get Treo 270s as replacements. Are you getting them from Handspring? The guy told me they do not handle any replacements...only the carrier (in my case, T-Mobile) does that. The T-Mobile rep with whom I spoke said that they only replace with the exact same model. How have you guys pulled off the upgrades?
    HS have, and only in a few cases (and only after a lot of heartache on the part of the customer) given out 270's as replacements for faulty 180's. I was offered one but only after several breakdowns of my 180 and several blunders by HS. My replacement was from HS but I'm pretty sure you can only get them from your reseller now.

As far as the connector is concerned, I take it you're talking about the 'male' connector on the Treo itself... a very poor piece of engineering as the only thing holding it in place is solder.

Request a 270 replacement from your reseller but don't be surprised if they don't give you one.
    www.gsmworld.com