1.    #1  
    The Treo 600 is now being field tested by Alliant. Alliant is the cdma carrier for Atlantic Canada. The tech support person that I spoke with said they are expecting it to be released Q4 of this year or Q1 of next year. Let's hope it ships before Christmas.
    Originally posted by dmohr
    The Treo 600 is now being field tested by Alliant. Alliant is the cdma carrier for Atlantic Canada. The tech support person that I spoke with said they are expecting it to be released Q4 of this year or Q1 of next year. Let's hope it ships before Christmas.
    Any knowledge about GSM in Canada? I assume Rogers will be carrying it it Ontario, as they currently offer Treos...Hopefully Rogers will have it BEFORE CRISTMAS!!!
  3.    #3  
    I've checked with the local RadioShack's here in Fredericton, which are outlets for Rogers/ATT. An internal memo originally indicated that they would be announced on Sept. 26th. That date passed without any news, however. I just spoke with my contact this morning and he indicated that they are now looking at November availability. HTH.
    dude, today is only the 18th. 26th is next week.
  5.    #5  
    Sorry, I meant August 26th.
    Anyone have an update on Canadian availability? Several threads mention Rogers carrying this phone but no news yet.
    My local roger's rep in Montreal said nothing before the new year.

I would also question the price. The current treo 270 (way old model) sells for 699$ with 2-year contract.

I don't even want to know what they will charge for the 600.

The best deal is still to get the 399$US cingular unlocked from palm if you can, it'll be cheaper than anything rogers will sell it for.

I've ordered mine, expecting it soon.

Alex