1.    #1  
    Now when Palm and handspring are one company... how long do you think it will take before they release their version of Treo 600/Tungsten W.

I think a combination of those two wold be tha... BOMB!!!

Any rumers, any info, any time, anything someone...?!?
    Digital stuff is great when they
    work...
    The T|W is dead... I doubt palmone will release an update to that model. Perhaps a triband T|C however with wifi+BT+GSM is possibility? Who knows...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    gfunk, have you used a TC? overrated imo. what i'd rather see is a merged TT3 with a treo...320x480, bt, voicerecorder, keyboard and slider...woohooo!
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    The T|W is dead... I doubt palmone will release an update to that model. Perhaps a triband T|C however with wifi+BT+GSM is possibility? Who knows...
    Is it really dead, though? While I much prefer the Treo phone/data device idea myself, I know for a fact (I work at CompUSA) that there are LOTS of people who want a data-connected device that does more than a BlackBerry, and a lot of people see the Tungsten W as that device. People get tripped up in the idea that "it's a sucky phone." Well, yeah, because it's not a phone, and it wasn't implemented crappily. It was thrown in as a BONUS for people, but it was intentionally designed as a data-centric Palm device. Which it is.

There's a lot of mud-slinging about it's intended use on the boards, but a lot of everyday people think it's great...so I do hope that Palm is smart enough to capture moe of that audience.
    The T|W was a market disappoint for PalmOne. The new merged company is goning foucs on its three major brands: Zire for consumer orientated maket, Tungsten for enterprise, and Treo for convergence/smartphone devices. If PalmOne eve releases a T|W upgarde, it probably will be called a treo. Furthermore, the market for "data-centric" wireless handheld is puny compared to the growing smartphone market. Why would you buy data-focused BB-lke device when you can get same funcitonality of "always-on" email from a smartphone plus voice? Even RIM itself is moving in this direction by becoming more of an intellectual lisencee (if it survives that it) for smartphone platforml. The only advantage the T|W has over the Treo is the 320x320 rez screen. Otherwise it's too bulky and thumbboard implementation won't be as refined as the Treo600. What would make sense however is to release a triband T|C or more likely dual band (wifi+BT) to leverage alway-on email plus VoIP. If PalmOne made this device with T3-like slider for 320x480 rez screenie, then even better...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    ...and capacity in the Treo now that Palm is involved...
    Is it worth waiting or do you guys think it will take a long long time untill they release a new device...?

I really want the Treo 600, but i don't wan't to be a sucker that see a new, much better, thing 2 months later...
    work...
    Originally posted by kimrin
    ...and capacity in the Treo now that Palm is involved...
    Is it worth waiting or do you guys think it will take a long long time untill they release a new device...?

I really want the Treo 600, but i don't wan't to be a sucker that see a new, much better, thing 2 months later...
    Can't tell you what to do but I do have two thoughts:

1) I bought the Treo 300 in early Nov. 2002 for $250 after amazon and sprint rebates. That was a 50% discount for waiting 12-14 weeks after release. I intend to do the same thing with the Treo 600. $250/year on a new device is stomachable for me.

2) I guarantee you that you won't be seeing anything new out from the Treo line for at least 6 months. The time it takes to qual said devices is substantially long enough that you will definitely not see anything before that time. In general I'd expect a minor rev of this device in 8-12 months (hi-res + more memory) and a design change in 12-18 months (perhaps a slider for hi-res+, bluetooth, maybe even 1xEV-DO and EDGE or WCDMA support).

Regards,
    Tony
    Originally posted by mansouan
    gfunk, have you used a TC? overrated imo. what i'd rather see is a merged TT3 with a treo...320x480, bt, voicerecorder, keyboard and slider...woohooo!
    mansouan,

Are you thinking about something like this?

http://churchoflivingfaith.com/image...stenc3text.JPG

Checkout this discussion...

9.    #9  
    I can't understand why they don't get bluetooth in it right now!
    That seems lika a... well almost atleast, standard on new and expensive phonos. The Ericsson T610 is the one i'm thinking of buying if I dont buy Treo 600...
    work...
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

mansouan,

Are you thinking about something like this?

http://churchoflivingfaith.com/image...stenc3text.JPG

Checkout this discussion...
    That's exactly what I'm thinking of! I have to disagree with your statement that hiding a VG under a slider is a waste of power. Couldn't the software be designed such that it doesn't paint that part of the screen with the slider closed? I'm pretty sure the fridge light goes out when the door is closed!