1.    #1  
    I'm a big fan of the Blazer browser. But for speed purposes I have to turn off the graphics while browsing on my 300 with vision. Will the faster processor on the 600 noticeably improve browsing speed?
    Yeah, I would like to know as well, Blazer slownes still shokes me till this day, this thing crawls at best.
    hope the new Treo600 will be faster.
    if i had to take a stab at it, id say not unless handspring put in a faster wireless modem and if it works with ur specific network. the proccessor only controls the speed of the apps i believe...its all about the wireless modems capabilities...
    Icy
    300 w/ Sprint
    will be
    600 w/ Sprint
    Originally posted by IcYPLaYa21
    if i had to take a stab at it, id say not unless handspring put in a faster wireless modem and if it works with ur specific network. the proccessor only controls the speed of the apps i believe...its all about the wireless modems capabilities...
    The problem is also with the processor. If you hook up the treo to a laptop, the pages render much faster.

The cpu matters.

/v
    thats when ur transfering data to a comp...of course itll be faster thats the CPU proccesses...we're talking about wireless web...(i.e. in a subway maybe) and im sorry if i sound like i am pissed off...but purpleX shoulddnt even be on these boards if he hates treos so much...i mean god damn it its called TreoCentral for a reason
    Icy
    300 w/ Sprint
    will be
    600 w/ Sprint
    It's hard to believe, and unfortunate, but some users have posted here that they haven't noticed a significant speed increase over Blazer. If there is any increase, it's not noticeable enough. These trials were all with evaluation units, however.
    that sucks...but there are browsers with the same features as blazer that are better and noticably faster but not like at T1 speed...still id suggest ipanel...patches are available...and it is a great app!
    Icy
    300 w/ Sprint
    will be
    600 w/ Sprint
    Icy,
    Do you use iPanel? Last time I tried it, it was painfully slow. Have they improved it at all?
    i used to have ipanel but deleted to create more room as i am an avid gamer/internet guy for a lack of a better word...ipanel wasnt an elegant program...but it was fast...too much space was used too...i guess blazer is the only alternative that works for me...soo yea...ipanel has gotten better since i last patched it...i plan on using it with the 600 as it will have more space...but for 300s...not worth it...
    Icy
    300 w/ Sprint
    will be
    600 w/ Sprint
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    The one area blazer needs a serious kick in the pants is with rendering efficiency. The constant drawing, then clearing, then drawing, then clearing, then drawing, etc. with graphic heavy pages is my main gripe. I realize that reshaping the text-wrapping as the graphics appear takes a bit of horsepower, but since they have control over this at the proxy, they should send the dimensions of each resized graphic (very small amount of data) to blazer before it draws anything, so it can build blank placeholders where the graphics will load. This may add a second or two to the initial appearance of the page, but once it appears it would *stay* there.

Beyond that little issue I think it's a great browser. Hopefully they extra horsepower of the 600 will make this issue a little less obvious. (or better yet, they implement something like the above so that all treo users benefit)
    Keep in mind that Blazer 3.0 will be proxyless - so then the question becomes: Will not having a proxy make the pages load faster? or would that speed be offset by the weightier pages?
    hmm - so much to ponder...
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    definately a lot to ponder. It's funny - while the proxy strips a lot of the unusable html out of the pages, the graphics actually get bigger, since the compression is taken out, and bitmaps are sent to blazer.

I wrote a WAP remote control for the panasonic kpx robo-cams, and while the final jpegs were roughly 10-15K in size, when blazer downloads them they're 25-30K. So while bitmaps render faster, they take longer to get there.

So the final answer is...

Who knows. It may be faster, it may be slower. hehe
    Since a lot of blazer 3.0's programming is licenced from netfront, those with newer clies can tell you their experiences with it. I used a UX50 with a bluetooth connection to a GPRS phone here at work and the render times on that blow my poor t300 away. The bottleneck on that device really was the connection because when connected via wi-fi, its speed is comparable to a low end PC... I'm curious to see how fast treo600 will be on sprint pcs when I have the tower all to myself.
    w/ the i500 (66 mhz) the blazer browser was markedly faster