Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was after a better Contacts, Calendar & Tasks app, and prepared to pay for it as I use this on my Treo all the time.

I downloaded a trial of their latest version, 6.14 (at http://www.iambic.com/ ) - it is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the standard Contacts, Calendar & Tasks that come with your Treo. eg you can link meetings to contacts, and see a history of meetings, calls etc for a contact..

The only bummer is that support for the thumbdial is very poor, so you can find a contact easily, but it is not possible to dial with one hand - you need to tap and hold with the stylus instead - Yuk!

Any other people have comments on Agendus?

Cheers,
    James.
    I've used Agendus across numerous generations of palm devices, and have always stuck with it. And probably always will.

You're correct about the contact dialing part - my answer there is to just use the built-in address book function for dialing and such - I don't think Agendus could improve on that anyway. I prefer the Treo's built-in method of auto-completing contact titles and cities and such when editing and adding a contact - very nice. So - just leave the address button as it is, and remap the datebook button to Agendus. As you may know, you select which Agendus views are seen when you cycle through the assigned button - I have my prefs set to cycle just through the day and week views - those are all I really ever use.
    It's awesome.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks NRosser!

That is a simple solution!! I'll do that and my problems are solved!!

Cheers,
    James.
    I've been using Agendus since Action Names (its former name) was released.

It is generally a good program, but there are two things I don't like about it:

1: On a Treo, alarms will not vibrate when the ringer is turned off. If you set up an alarm in Datebook +, the alarm will vibrate. I posted a ticket (their way of tracking bugs and enhancements) over a year ago on this, and they have not done anything about it. I know Contacts + is about the only Datebook replacement that has this feature, but I consider it important.

2: My second gripe is more about Iambic than Agendus. It relates to their support. They have a user group, but it is edited and cleaned out frequently. Posts I have made in the past disappear after a month or so. This makes it almost impossible to track a thread, or see if anyone else is having a similar problem. Their Ticket program seems to be a pacifier, but not much else. Nothing appears to happen when you put in a ticket. You get no notice that anyone has seen it, or that it is even still active.

Over all, it is a good program, but could be better with vibrating alarms.

Just my opinion.
    I have used Agendus (Action Names) for a couple of years now and I love it too. But I do wish it was designed to make use of the rocker switch on the Treo. It would be cool to be able to do one-handed stuff and I hope they come out with some new features when the Treo 600 hits the general retail markets. My favorite feature is the contact history. I can pull up my doctor, for example, and track when I last saw him and call to schedule a follow-up appt. It is great.
    Love it as well!
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Power Jog will let you do most things one handed in nearly any program. Anyone use it with agendus?
  8.    #8  
    Hi all,

Thanks for your comments and advice in this thread I started.

I ended up buying Agendus, and I am now a HUGE fan of it!! The functionality is simply superb and it is the best Palm app I have ever had the pleasure of using.
    Keeping a history against contacts, much better calendar views, linking appointments or tasks to contacts, good use of colour - it is worth a try!

NRosser's comment earlier in this thread is an important one - to leave the 'Phone' button mapped to the standard Treo phone app, and instead map other buttons such as 'Calendar' to Agendus.

I find the Agendus Mail is ok too, although I have not used Snapper or any others to compare..

Anyway, I recommend trying it out, and BTW I have no links or interests in Iambic, just am a pleasantly surprised customer!
    James.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Not to change the subject but perhaps broaden it, does anyone know if there is a web-based PIM that syncs with the palm OS, rather than a desktop PIM?

A web-based solution would enable any staff member in our organization to update a common calendar, contact list, and to do list, for example, and then we could sync our Palms at our own desktops to have up-to-date info. outside of the office.

I know this is possible with Yahoo & Intellisync software. It's nice of Yahoo to provide this functionality, but I'm not a fan of Yahoo's look & feel, ads, etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Not to change the subject but perhaps broaden it, does anyone know if there is a web-based PIM that syncs with the palm OS, rather than a desktop PIM?

A web-based solution would enable any staff member in our organization to update a common calendar, contact list, and to do list, for example, and then we could sync our Palms at our own desktops to have up-to-date info. outside of the office.

I know this is possible with Yahoo & Intellisync software. It's nice of Yahoo to provide this functionality, but I'm not a fan of Yahoo's look & feel, ads, etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I tried yahoo intellisync for this very reason, so my calendar could be updated by multiple people over the web....

can any other software help do this ?

anyway..... no luck getting yahoo intellisync to work with the treo 600.... after "successful" installation on my Win xp system, I cant get into the Application settings to change any settings and therefore I cant sync with treo ...

In fact, after uninstalling it, it trashed my address book conduit and I had to scour the net to find a solution other than reinstalling the palm desktop software and drossing my fingers..... absolutely NO help on Yahoo or Puma tech's site that I can find

anyone gotten yahoo intellisync to work with the 600 and accompanying Palm desktop software?

TIA
    ok which is better agedus or datebk5? thanks in advance, take care, jay
    Originally posted by jturnbul
    I find the Agendus Mail is ok too, although I have not used Snapper or any others to compare..
    I agree it's a great program. However it has no support for embedded links within an email (as Snapper does).

Also the lack of 5 way NAV support really sucks.

Other than that I think I'm going to buy it. I love the various views available.
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    ok which is better agedus or datebk5? thanks in advance, take care, jay
    I think these 2 programs have similar functions in Contact, Memos, To Do List, and the Linkage for Contact to To Do and Memos.

But the alarm in DateBK is more powerful than Agendus. Both of them can snooze the alarms to 24 hours from now. But BateBK also can snooze the alarm BEFORE or AFTER the appointment time. And I don't find any other Contact programs can do this.

DateBK has a serious problem. If you use Chinese (not sure for other double-byte character languages), the alarm message will be replaced to many unrecognizable characters and become hard to read.
    Originally posted by gmaniac
    I tried yahoo intellisync for this very reason, so my calendar could be updated by multiple people over the web....

can any other software help do this ?

anyway..... no luck getting yahoo intellisync to work with the treo 600.... after "successful" installation on my Win xp system, I cant get into the Application settings to change any settings and therefore I cant sync with treo ...
    Yahoo's Intelisync syncs with Outlook, not your handheld. Outlook functions as the middle-man between your handheld and Yahoo.

I use Yahoo's Intelisync everyday with my Treo 600.

You need to click the "setup" button before the first sync to configure the conduits to Yahoo.

Process is
    1) Sync the handheld to Outlook
    2) Sync Outlook with Yahoo
    3) Sync handheld with Outlook once again.
    Originally posted by DHAnderson

2: My second gripe is more about Iambic than Agendus. It relates to their support.
    I'll second that.

I just read the thread regarding supporting other email applications in Agendus. Iambic actually implied that their email program compares favorably with Snapper

They then went on to say that "Of course only with iMail/AgendusMail the user would enjoy features such as tap and hold on contact -> send email. With 3rd party email software those would't be available."

They should think before they speak. Snapper mail has no problem registering itself as the "default email app". Now in Contacts I have a "send to" option when I tap on an email address that, gasp, launches Snapper !!!

Good app tho.
    waiting for the 5-way support that will be found in version 7.

Public beta to begin "soon".

Unfortunately for jturnbul Iambic doesn't offer free upgrades across major versions (6 to 7), only minor
    Hi Folks,

I'm still awaiting the GSM version of the Treo 600. If there's a T600 user out there who has Agendus, question: what's the story re hi-res icons on that device, as I'm moving from an OS5 TG50 hi-res device. I've grown quite dependent on my stash-- finetuned over months-- as it gives me a quick at-a-glance month view of what's up. Trying to figure out whether I'll need to replace or change the resolution of the icons package.

TIA.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I tried both and Agendus and db5. Agendus is simply more intuitive and easier to us. My email progtam is snapper. I wish agendus didn't try to reinvent whar others do better and concentrate on what they do best.
    Sounds like there are a lot of Agendus users on this board. I have written Agendus via their very well monitored support boards at their site (www.iambic.com) and they say they are coming out with a Treo/OS 5 version of Agendus 'soon'.

I'm hoping that if enough of us slam their board with feature and upgrade requests, they will speed the product to market.

AGENDUS USERS SPEAK OUT!
    Rick
    "...There is no try..." - Yoda
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast