Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I've used Agendus across numerous generations of palm devices, and have always stuck with it. And probably always will.

You're correct about the contact dialing part - my answer there is to just use the built-in address book function for dialing and such - I don't think Agendus could improve on that anyway. I prefer the Treo's built-in method of auto-completing contact titles and cities and such when editing and adding a contact - very nice. So - just leave the address button as it is, and remap the datebook button to Agendus. As you may know, you select which Agendus views are seen when you cycle through the assigned button - I have my prefs set to cycle just through the day and week views - those are all I really ever use.
    It's awesome.
    This makes sense to me, but my Treo600 won't let me program Agendus to the calendar button! It wants the phone button.

Anyone provide some help here ... Pref's/Buttons will not recognize Agendus for the Calendar, although it is one of the choices.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Bump
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I use act for palm and it works great only have two issues.

no telephony ability
    act takes over my buttons with different views.
    Agendus is better than Datebk5. Much more intuitive to use.

According to Iambic, Version 7 will be in public beta late next week and I was told they will upgrade existing users.

We'll see.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Is it safe to assume v7 will include support for the 5 way NAV? Love the program but hate using the stylus.
    Guess I left that out...

Yes V7 will add 5way nav support to Agendus

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Reading thru old threads and saw mention of Iambics user forum and how they monitor their posts. This post is long...my apologies.

First I like Agendus. Bought it when I got my I330 in May, and it simplified my life. I have never been more organized.

When the Treo 600 came out I was disappointed by it's lack of support for the navpad. Still a great program though and they said they were going to upgrade and registered users would get the ugrade free. Well it ended up costing 10 bucks. No big deal but it was the point of the matter.

Anyway I'd like to share a post and it's email reply from the moderator of the forum. They pre-read every post and decide if it's worthy. By worthy I mean not possessed of a negative attitude towards Iambic or it's products.

The gist of the post is this. 7.0 had VERY limited navpad support. 7.01 was supposed to be better but it reset the treo upon exiting Agendus, EVERY time.

Here tis:

" What gives here? I thought this was supposed to be an improvement.

I was all excited about the ability to use the navpad to move between the days in the expanded month view that was now possible in 7.0. Very cool.

So I load 7.1 to get even more navpad use and that nifty feature is no more. What ***** decided to suddenly remove it? Throw in a feature for one moment and then pull it? C'mon people. 7.2 better have it back.

Also I was wondering if 7.1 had actually been tested before it was released. That built-in reset feature when switching from Agendus to ANY other app is spectacular. I don't recall seeing that one under feature requests. There are several other bugs I noticed before I dumped it and when back to 7.0. What a nightmare.

I am just wondering, when will the "7.0 upgrade refund" link be
    available? I mean for $10 I ought to get features that stay from rev to rev and shouldnt get resets every time I exit the product. (maybe this is Iambic's way of making sure we stay in Agendus).

Sorry if this post has a slightly negative slant to it, but I am tired
    of this $60 program ($49.95 Agendus std Palm/windows + 7.x upgrade) jerking my chain. I'd like it to function in a useful manner so I don't have to waste time out of my day to repeatedly post my frustrations on this board.

But then I suppose it is my fault after all because it was me who
    bought the Treo 600.

My advice at this point: If you use Agendus dont upgrade to a Treo 600. For that matter if you own a 600 ..... well you get the point.

Woof"

And of course this was the reply I got via email as the post never saw the light of day on their board.

Reply from forum admin
    "Hello,

I'm replying to you directly to this post I could't let go public on the iambic forums, for quite obvious reasons.

We have found the cause of the Treo600 phone app crashes, and we addressed it. Also added a preference to switch between dpad nav modes, which will let you feel like the "nifty feature" you mention below is back again.

Best Regards,

- Adriano"

Iambic makes a great product and has a really sh*tty attitude about taking advice or adressing the concerns of paying customers.

For what it's worth 7.02 is really pretty good with the navpad. Not perfect but pretty good.

Whew! glad that's done.

Woof
    — Ed Howdershelt
    you can use treoNavset.prc as freeware to control the 5 way. It works on most programs inc agendus
    Tony A
    Agendus' strengths lie in its calendar/to do functions:
    -The icons
    -Expanded information on one page
    -Split and today views
    -Color coding
    -Note/contact linking with appointments and to do's

These things make better use of the info in the treo than the built in calander. And, since it does not add extra fields like beyond contacts and chapura's thing, it will not affect the purity of the data in either outlook or the treo.

On the other hand, it will be really hard to beat the treo's built in address book, especially since it eliminates names as you add letters and lets you jump straight to sms. Here is an example of where simplicity rules.

So, I think agendus is an awesome add on to the treo. It adds where extras work, but doesn't step on the basic usefulness of our treo.
    So, How do I get the 5 way pad to work in Agendus?
    I am using v7.0.3 and the dpad DOES NOT WORK.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    It's easy to beat the built in phone app. Its called TakePhone. For everything else I love Agendus.

Originally posted by cingulartreo
    On the other hand, it will be really hard to beat the treo's built in address book, especially since it eliminates names as you add letters and lets you jump straight to sms. Here is an example of where simplicity rules.
    I just got a Treo 600 a couple days ago and I installed a trial version of Agendus v7.0.3, including their mail program.

toadmanor, I don't know why your dpad doesn't work; mine worked with the default settings. I noticed though that it doesn't fully give you one-handed navigation - it just scrolls along the bottom buttons.

I was able to map the calendar button (the second button) to the today screen. It works great. But I can't get the mail button (third button) to map to their mail program. It doesn' t even seem to be possible! When I mapped it to the scolling option, it froze up and I had to reset.

My other gripe with the mail is that the emails don't properly sort by date - Nov comes before Jan! Is their a sort option that I missed?

Is there a way to set up the mail so it checks the mail server periodially on its own? Or do I always have to initiate the check?
    jensph

It works along the bottom row but can't jump to the top or select something in the middle.
    The Toad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12