1.    #1  
    Does the Treo 600 support virtual 320*320 resolution mode to run the 320*320 software on its 160*160 screen?
    320x320 devices can emulate 180x180 devices, but not the other way around. Even if they could, the result would probably look awful.
    I've read rumors in some other forums that the Treo 600 upgrades could soon sport a 320x320 screen. But based on the fact that the decision to keep a 160x160 screen was due to conservation of battery life, this seems unlikely to me in the near future.

Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of a 320x320 Treo 600 and when this upgrade could become available?
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Hi Ray,

I heard from a "reliable source" that the reason HS have used the 'enhanced' 270 screen in the 600 was simply due to cost and has nothing to do with battery life...

Anyway, sure hope it gets sorted with future releases.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by RayUSA
    I've read rumors in some other forums that the Treo 600 upgrades could soon sport a 320x320 screen. But based on the fact that the decision to keep a 160x160 screen was due to conservation of battery life, this seems unlikely to me in the near future.

Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of a 320x320 Treo 600 and when this upgrade could become available?
    I'ld expect PalmOne to release an updated version within a few months from now...who knows. Obviously, there hasn't been any firm rumors about this and anyone who claims to know is probably unreliable. Heck, lets get the Treo600's out first huh? In any case, someone posted about a mythical "PalmOne 800" at PIC with the following info:

>>Resulotuon will be 320*320 and run PalmOS 6.0
    >>The design will stay the same but only thicker.
    >>It will not have the antennaan maybe included
    >>Wi-Fi or Bluetooth!

It's probably BS, but would sound interesting...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane
    320x320 devices can emulate 180x180 devices, but not the other way around.
    That's not true. Palm OS 5 can run some 320x320 applications in 160x160 devices. Applications that use the recommended way to address the screen should work without a problem. Others that address the screen directly without using the display abstraction layer may crash.

This used to be a theoretical conjecture on my part (based on OS 5 specs) until the emulator came out. Someone posted on this board about trying the 320x320 applications that they use in the Treo 600 emulator and reported that they worked. I also threw a couple of high-res apps that I downloaded on it and they worked. It goes without saying that this will not be as good as having a 320x320 screen...

I had also written here that this may be what was meant by the "160x160 resolution, 320x320 support" statement about the Samsung SGH-i500.
  7.    #7  
    Thank you Silverado. I am glad to hear that 320*320 aplication can be executed on Treo 600.
    By the way, I cannot download the simulator of Treo 600 from Handspring although I already registered myself as a developer. I think this problem is because I am out of US.

Anyone can show me any other alternative link to download the simulator? or anyone can email me (deadend@catholic.org) the link to download it?

Thanks a lot !!!!!!
    I would hope that the Treo could run anything that Palm OS5 could run and not be limited because of the screen. If that were the case it'd be a biiiig mistake (esp. for me coming from other OS5 devices ).

I do remember reading that, just like some1 else said, applications should address the HAL and not the display itself, in which case *hopefully* everything will work fine.