1.    #1  
    I have cable at home, but I need a way to check my mail on the road. I have a Thinmodem, but now I need a way to get to my data. I briefly looked at Avantgo, but it looks like only channels, no HTML?

I need a way to either dial up HTML pages, or dial into a mail server.

Help please.
    -Cochese-
    I got a lot of Visor stuff
    Sometimes cable services will have dialup included.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4.    #4  
    That would work, except I don't use Earthlink. With Cox HSI, I don't have an ISP, per se. I just turn on the computer, and voila. I just have an IP. No numbers to call into.

I've emailed them, but no response yet.

I'll keep looking...
    -Cochese-
    I got a lot of Visor stuff
    I use www.access-4-free.com

It's $5 to sign up. . . you get 10 hours per month free forever. If u go over it's $1/hour. . . but the maximum they charge for overage is $10 a month. I've never been close to hitting 10 hours per month.

Service has been fine, i've never had a busy signal. I think i've been using this service for half a year now.
    Originally posted by Cochese
    That would work, except I don't use Earthlink. With Cox HSI, I don't have an ISP, per se. I just turn on the computer, and voila. I just have an IP. No numbers to call into.
    Slight misunderstanding: many cable internet (and DSL) providers provide dialup numbers as well. Check with your ISP to see if they indeed do this. Sometimes it can be a nominal monthly charge.

I've emailed them, but no response yet.

I'll keep looking...
    Sorry about that, your profile said your provider is earthlink.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I have cable at home, but I need a way to check my mail on the road. I have a Thinmodem, but now I need a way to get to my data. I briefly looked at Avantgo, but it looks like only channels, no HTML?

I need a way to either dial up HTML pages, or dial into a mail server.

Help please.
    Can't help you with the dial-up part, but if you're on the road (say at a hotel or net cafe) which already has an internet connection:

You have web-based mail access
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    www.maglobe.net

Not free, but VERY cheap, and great service. I'm posting now from my Visor at Disney World!
    I have a similar situation with comcast hsi and use access-4-free with a thinmodem. I've been using this service for about a year and have no complaints.

If you have limited access needs using a pda or just as a temporary backup for cable/dsl, this is a nice option. Other than the initial $5 setup fee, I have no cost. No advertising or restrictive software and works fine with mail access, IM and web browsing.