1.    #1  
    http://www.eprice.it/Product.pasp?tx...rchPhrase=treo

The page says 'Available' (Disponibile).

888 Euro (no sim-locked).
    Which is fine, but can you go to a store and hold one in your hand? Are they physically there? If not then you probably could order one on the sight, but I would bet my 300 you wouldn't get it for three or four weeks.
    You never know - this is Italy. They're capable of selling their evaluation models if the price is right. And 888 euros is the right price, isn't? :-D
  4.    #4  
    I just called ePrice. Told me that 600 is out of stock and I can order it now to get at the end of the month :-)

Anyway Mol, no this is not Italy... just ePrice.

Cheers
    > ...And 888 euros is the right price, isn't?...

It's like the "Depression Era" joke about the guy selling apples on the street corner - his sign reads "Apples - $10,000 apiece". Another guy says "Are you nuts!?", he replies "Don't need to sell a lot!"

At $1000 apiece Handspring doesn't need to sell a lot of TREOs.

I think they'll succeed.

Again.
    Originally posted by riccio
    I just called ePrice. Told me that 600 is out of stock and I can order it now to get at the end of the month :-)
    this policy - to mark it as available while it's obviously not - is sad, specially if we think everyone has got internet if they can browse ePrice, so it should be easy to determine whether the T600 is out or not.

anyway, I'm discouraged about the €888 price. we have discussed here in the past about better prices to improve devices diffusion, but it seems it's not the case yet.

I hope for a better future...
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
  7.    #7  
    ePrice changed availability. Now the page says 'Not available'.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    At $1000 apiece Handspring doesn't need to sell a lot of TREOs.
    my converter shows 888 euros comes to $466.38 US Dollars, where did you get $1000.00?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Originally posted by randyg

my converter shows 888 euros comes to $466.38 US Dollars, where did you get $1000.00?
    Dude,
    Your converter is wicked broken... or operating at exchange rates not seen since before the euro was even introduced.
    > ...my converter shows 888 euros comes to $466.38 US
    > Dollars, where did you get $1000.00?

Wow!

I will be happy to buy 888 Euros from you for, say, $500.

Deal?

======

Here's "my" converter:

-- http://www.xe.com/ucc/full.shtml
    Originally posted by riccio
    ePrice changed availability. Now the page says 'Not available'.
    just after having read the complaining email I sent them this afternoon I suppose.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Originally posted by matro

anyway, I'm discouraged about the €888 price. we have discussed here in the past about better prices to improve devices diffusion, but it seems it's not the case yet.
    Note that when the Treo 270 was launched in Europe the official price was 836€ unlocked. This is a very big difference with US prices. (Although all taxes are included inthis price).
    I wouldn't be surprised to find the Treo 600 at 888€...
    TreoBuddy
    TreoFrance , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo
    Yes, sales taxes are higher in Europe.

The Treo 270 was £550 GBP unlocked when it was launched in UK, though I think it was £349 if you signed a one year contract.
    Originally posted by Cyril
    Yes, sales taxes are higher in Europe.
    I think the relevant point is that it is included in Europe. So if something has a sticker of a thousand euros, it is a thousand euros. Here, if something has a sticker of a thousand dollars, it's $1,060 or so because of sales tax.
    according to MobiMate World Pro 888 Euroland Euros is 967.387 dollars and the Italy Lira is 0.499 Dollars
    Icy
    300 w/ Sprint
    will be
    600 w/ Sprint
    Note that you probably won't be able to pay with Italian Lira even in italy! It's all Euro-Land now!

treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    At this price point they show that aren't really interested to sell lot of 600s.

No way 888 € are too much, thinking that with this price you could buy a PIV notebook with all the bells and whistle

Waiting for better (lower) prices!!!!