1.    #1  
    Have there been any pictures posted that have been taken by the 600 camera?

Lots of pics of the 600, (none of the screen in daylight that I know of), but none taken by the camera.

Come-on all you lucky beta testers, give it up!
    Last edited by jwardneosoft; 09/14/2003 at 09:31 PM.
    Originally posted by jwardneosoft
    Have there been any pictures posted that have been taken by the 600 camera?

Lots of pics of the 600, (none of the screen in daylight that I know of), but none taken by the camera.

Come-on all you lucky beta testers, give it up!
    there have been pictures of both.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I've been trying to get my friend who works for Good and who has one to take some pics and send 'em to me, but no luck so far. I think maybe his pre-production unit either doesn't have a functioning camera, or the service from Sprint isn't all there, yet...
  4.    #4  
    Alrighty then!

If there are no pictures out there, I'm going to make a prediction:

Ward's Conjecture: The Treo 600 will not be available for purchase in the US until at least 10 days after a picture taken from the 600's camera is posted here.
    Last edited by jwardneosoft; 09/15/2003 at 01:15 PM.
    Originally posted by jwardneosoft
    Alrighty then!

If there are no pictures out there, I'm going to make a prediction:

Ward's Conjecture: The Treo 600 will not be available for purchase in the US until at least 10 days after a picture taken from the 600's camera is posted here.
    There was at least one picture posted on this board. Should be able to find it by searching.

Forgetting that the picture exists, what's the basis of your 10-day conjecture?
  6.    #6  
    The primary basis was fun (and trying to flush out some photos).

But on the serious side, it's always good to look for actual evidence that the phone might be released soon.

If I asked you 6 months ago whether we would see photos from the phone before it was released, woudn't you have guessed "yes"?

So I still think we'll see photos from the phone before it's release. The converse of that is no phone without pics.
    To reiterate silverado's post, at least one picture taken with the 600's camera has been posted somewhere in this forum. Sorry I can't provide a link - just spent a few minutes searching and couldn't find it. But such a picture has been posted already.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah, I searched also, and couldn't find them. Are you sure? I think I might have been abducted by Scientologists also, but I can't find the proof.
    Here's the link to the picture taken with the 600, I believe.

http://www.stephman.com/treo600/imag...5Aug03_jpg.jpg

It's a picture of a computer screen...not the best way to really see what type of pics the 600 takes.

Here's the discussion:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...5&pagenumber=3

If I recall since I didn't re-read the whole discussion, BleedingEdge was going away on business for a bit so that's probably why he hasn't responded to this thread.
  10.    #10  
    Thank you!
    10 days and counting...
    go.digital
    I have some pictures that were taken with a Treo 600.

I do not feel comfortable posting them on the web, but I will say they are impressive.

As a matter of fact one of the main reasons I am looking forward to investing in a Treo 600 is because of the camera.

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
  13.    #13  
    jake, you're scaring me man.