Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. purpleX
    Where is the thumboard? I don't know.

but can that $700 'astonishingly svlet' gadget even do portrait mode?

And speaking of stalinistic screen, You do realize that UX 50 only has 3.2 inch screen, and it emulate 160by160 for all unsuported apps. (ie. that $700 is going to look like a IIIc most of the time, less the built in apps) now THAT is stalinistic. You got VGA screen and all you can do is 11 lines of entries. That think might as well has treo600 screen. lol ... (whew, that screen IS a big joke)

So I'll take dual slots, dual wireless anytime over that 'slowest ARM' device ever benchmarked. I don't even need to go through application list and sort through what UX 50 can and cannot do.

Plus anybody actually BUY that $700 devic beside a couple of cliesource guys? I always wonder about it. This is about as dubious as NZ90 afterall.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    A troll by any other name is still a troll..

Nice how most questions aren't even answered. Just the same random links and babblings from snippets of what is read using search engines.....

Hey, I got an idea.. I will never buy a Neon... so why don't I go over to the Neon forums and keep spouting how other cars are better. Yup no constructive posts towards how to improve the Neon. Oh wait, I'd have to have no life and friends, which would mean tons of time to post places so I can get attention.

YAY!
  3. purpleX
    Is the ignore filter broken again, or are you just forgeting to pretend again?
  4.    #64  
    Originally posted by purpleX
    You do realize that UX 50 only has 3.2 inch screen, and it emulate 160by160 for all unsuported apps. (ie. that $700 is going to look like a IIIc most of the time, less the built in apps) now THAT is stalinistic.
    HUH?! Where did you get that misguided idea? 320x320 optimized apps will work fine within specified area of the UX screen. Everything is NOT emulated to to 160x160!

So I'll take dual slots, dual wireless anytime over that 'slowest ARM' device ever benchmarked. I don't even need to go through application list and sort through what UX 50 can and cannot do.
    Hey, I never claimed it had the fasted proc out there. Don't try to change the topic here Ska. Everyone already knows it underperforms the NX80 in benchmarks. But I bet its batttery life comes close to beating almost anything else out there! I think I wouldn't mind a tradeoff of slightly slower proc for 5 hr wifi browsing or 15 hr w/external battery! Whoa! I was mainly talking about the styling, small size and availabilty of features (i.e thumbboard, dual wireless etc). If the UX had dual MSpro, I think I would bought this already...Oh well...

Plus anybody actually BUY that $700 devic beside a couple of cliesource guys? I always wonder about it. This is about as dubious as NZ90 afterall.
    Funny I think the same thing about the h5555!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Is the ignore filter broken again, or are you just forgeting to pretend again?
    I turned it off, couldn't avoid it with all the others replying to you. Lame try at insulting me tho. Didn't work.

Maybe you'll get some credibility when you actually try to have conversations about improving things. That would first mean you'd have to have an interest in the PALM OS and the TREO...which you show you don't. I'm all for constructive discussions, but you just seem to try to say how horrible the Palm/Treo is and present your "opinion" as facts. That's great, but why waste your time... oh yeah, I already explained that one.
    Where is the thumboard? I don't know.

Of course some PPCs are still comming out thumboards:

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Ru...e_h4000_Series

They must not realized they will soon be obsolete due to predictive text programs, I suppose.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234