Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i just got a palm bluetooth card and a bluetooth cellphone and gotta say its a match made in heaven when browsing the net,checking email, and writing sms. I strongly urge you guys to take the treo 90 to the next level.
  2.    #2  
    by the way I posted these post using bluetooth
    I just got my bluetooth card yesterday. Now I have a color screen to work with yeah! (I have been using a treo 180 before).

Bluetooth is great, though i think that while i don't like the form factor of the current Treo (the flip makes it hard to use surreptisioutly(sp)) the Treo 600 is going to make my two device combo unnesscary... yes, I think right now that bluetooth isn't as cool as i thought.

BUT still, because i don't have a treo 600 it is the best i got, and it rocks. Connections are quick, and i can finally type sms's easily. I'm really liking the form factor of the treo 90....
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    How much does it cost. What plans are available and how does it hook up to the phone?
    I'm waiting for the SD WiFi card, myself...
    Cost me $40 off ebay for the card. I use my Treo 90 and Sony Ericsson T68i. I'm using just a dialup ISP for my connection.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by harrisupstate
    I'm waiting for the SD WiFi card, myself...
    I was considering the wifi card too but the problem is they are not being released anytime soon, plus I dont want to run to a hotspot location everytime I want to read or write an email or send a text message
    get a 600 its cheaper than buying a card and a phone...
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    get a 600 its cheaper than buying a card and a phone...
    How do you figure you can get a brand new bluetooth card off ebay for $49. a brand new treo 90 for $149 at best buy, and you can pick up a bluetooth phone for about a hundred bucks. for a total of $300 isnt the new 600 going to run around 500-600 dollars
    ebay is completely unreliable...bt goes for about 99 a treo is 150 an a bt enabled phone is about 150 plus u need a plan so it adds up to about 500 up front assuming the activation fee isnt waived..

11.    #11  
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    ebay is completely unreliable...bt goes for about 99 a treo is 150 an a bt enabled phone is about 150 plus u need a plan so it adds up to about 500 up front assuming the activation fee isnt waived.. [/QUOTE

you need a plan as well with the treo 600 for the subsidized price of 500-600. Most bluetooth cards sold on ebay are sold by power sellers or ebay stores with good feedback and the going rate is about $50. And you can pick up bluetooth phones for $99 bucks at many cell phone stores including mine.
  12.    #12  
    you can even get a bluetooth phone for free at amazon.com reducing your cost for the whole set up, even more
    itll still need activation...okay ill give it to ya...450 lmao it wont make a difference...its still as expensive to get a bluetooth and a phone....now iff you already have service and you drop the service on a phone and replace it with a bluetooth phone then itd work...but u cant do it from scatch and expect it to be cheaper than a 600.

14.    #14  
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    itll still need activation...okay ill give it to ya...450 lmao it wont make a difference...its still as expensive to get a bluetooth and a phone....now iff you already have service and you drop the service on a phone and replace it with a bluetooth phone then itd work...but u cant do it from scatch and expect it to be cheaper than a 600.
    absolutely there is a flood of t68i on the market right now. plus you are forgetting that you have to activate the treo 600 as well or the price is even higher. By the way many of us that have a treo 90 do not want a all in one device. Dont get me wrong the 600 is amazing. but you need to get your facts straight because bluetooth is a economical package compared to the 600 and thats the bottom line
    I think adding a bluetooth card to my Treo90 is a good solution for me. I just visited Amazon and found I can get a bluetooth enabled Sony Ericson t610 for free after a rebate.

However I have no idea what a bluetooth card is! I found several listed on ebay but I didn't see them making references to them working with my Treo 90.

What exactly do I need?
    Originally posted by dd61999

absolutely there is a flood of t68i on the market right now. plus you are forgetting that you have to activate the treo 600 as well or the price is even higher. By the way many of us that have a treo 90 do not want a all in one device. Dont get me wrong the 600 is amazing. but you need to get your facts straight because bluetooth is a economical package compared to the 600 and thats the bottom line
    dont forget about the 100 discount and waiving of the activation by resigning the contract.

17.    #17  
    Originally posted by eyeball
    I think adding a bluetooth card to my Treo90 is a good solution for me. I just visited Amazon and found I can get a bluetooth enabled Sony Ericson t610 for free after a rebate.

However I have no idea what a bluetooth card is! I found several listed on ebay but I didn't see them making references to them working with my Treo 90.

What exactly do I need?
    it doesnt make any references to other non palm branded devices, but it does work with the treo 90, all you need is the bluetooth card and the software that comes with it
    Well I now have all the required components: a Treo 90 with a blue toothcard, Sony t610 and a Bluetooth adapter for my desktop.

So far I have the Treo 90 and the phone syncing with the desktop via blurtooth. However I can't seem to get the Treo and the phone to talk...

I have a few questions that hopefully someone here can answer:

(1) Can I browse the net on my Treo90 using the Bluetooth connection to my phone and my standard "dialup" connection tot he internet or do I have to purchase a "data plan" of some sort using Tmobile (my provider)

(2) Any links to a step by step to make the phone and Treo 90 talk?

Thanks for any input...
    Originally posted by eyeball

(2) Any links to a step by step to make the phone and Treo 90 talk?

Thanks for any input...
    http://205.141.210.179/SRVS/CGI-BIN/...Case=obj(4700)

could you tell me the SD bluetooth you bought is that one:
    http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=search
    Yes, that is the card I bought and it works great. I have it talking with the phone and exchanging data.

Where I am having trouble is getting web access through a dial up account.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast