1.    #1  
    Well I went in to my local Sprint store today and ask the GM about the 600 and she said "Late November". I know, I know, Sprint store employees are the last to learn of a product releases, right? Well I have stayed in touch with her on other phones and she has been right on the money. I hope this time she is WRONG. But if we are only a couple of weeks away like some have posted here, then where are the announcements and pre-sale on the HS web site? I personal think if we where that close we would be seeing and hearing more from HS and Sprint.

If she (Sprint store GM) is wrong, can't this be confirmed? I know that a couple of very knowledgeable Sprint store employees post here. Please prove me wrong damn-it!
    can you ask about the T608 and when that is coming out?
    I checked out three local stores: King of Prussia, PA, Phila, Pa, Springfield, PA. All three managers told me "by Christmas". I hope they were as stupid as they looked

Oooops....forget to mention....they all told me to "check Handsprings website" as I would "find a release date there"...
    Can I stop laughing now? I know in my business if I don't know an answer I say" I'm not sure, but I'll check and get right back to you"
    Last edited by speclcajun; 09/11/2003 at 09:59 PM.
    I purchased my Treo 300 the first day available and was on Handspring's mailing list to be notified the first day I could get it. There were no "pre-orders" from what I recall and they simply did like they are doing right now. They said "it's coming soon" and one day they sent me a message saying "you can get your's now". And I was checking the HS website often even before it was available. They never said an exact day and simply said "coming soon" and then one day said "get it now".

It was available on HS's web site before it got in the Sprint stores.

So if history repeats it's self there is no reason to look to the Sprint stores for anything and better to sign up for HS's notification e-mail .
    Originally posted by speclcajun
    I checked out three local stores: King of Prussia, PA, Phila, Pa, Springfield, PA. All three managers told me "by Christmas". I hope they were as stupid as they looked

Oooops....forget to mention....they all told me to "check Handsprings website" as I would "find a release date there"...
    Can I stop laughing now? I know in my business if I don't know an answer I say" I'm not sure, but I'll check and get right back to you"
    If you're talking about the Sprint store in the KOP Mall, those guys are a bunch of morons. I've been there and they seriously FUBAR'd my account. I wouldn't believe a word they tell me. Not like the Philly store is much better...
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by imageone
    Well I went in to my local Sprint store today and ask the GM about the 600 and she said "Late November".

I know that a couple of very knowledgeable Sprint store employees post here. Please prove me wrong damn-it!

It could very well be late November. True SMS is launching at the end of November (somewhere around the 26th), and according to Sprint, the Treo 600 is going to definitely launch BEFORE SMS comes out. So, this could mean it will launch in a few weeks, or it could launch a few days before SMS.... so "late November" is the worst case scenario. I am assuming it will be early to mid October though from what I've heard and seen at the store.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.