1.    #1  
    Excuse me for feeling sorry for myself, but my Treo 300 has 3 major problem (and it's out of warranty) :
    1) A screen defect that looks like the sun, (a big bright yellow dot, about 1 cm in diameter). You can't see anything around it.

2) The phone usually doesn't work right unless the person on the other end yells. (head set works, so I leave it plugged in all the time).

3) Flip is cracked so that I can close it easily, but can't open it without applying a tool to the base of the part that has the spring.

If it weren't so close, I'd have to buy a new 300, but now I'm hanging on for the 600?

What are your horror stories?
    I'd walk into your local Sprint office w/ a smile on your face, and ask nicely if they'd accomodate you on a replacement 300. I did just that and they took care of me. Mine 300 was no longer under warranty and I did not purchase any insurance on the unit. Don't go in sour. Go in nice.

On another note....just got home to go through the mai to find Sprint had sent us a $20 prepaid calling card for FREE, with an apology letter about having had poor customer service as of late. Seems my wife called for something or another and Sprint felt that they had put her on hold for too long a period of time, and that they felt this wasnt' meeting their standard for customer service. Huh, is this the Sprint we've all come to know?....a new leaf, I guess....

Anyway, give it a shot. If this is their 'new' attitude, maybe you can get something out of them like I did.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but I tried that. As long as the lcd is ok I think they are willing to help, but once the screen is damaged, no dice. I'm not mad at Sprint, though. Next time I'm getting that overpriced Insurance, though.
    Originally posted by jwardneosoft
    Thanks, but I tried that. As long as the lcd is ok I think they are willing to help, but once the screen is damaged, no dice. I'm not mad at Sprint, though. Next time I'm getting that overpriced Insurance, though.
    I was in a similar situation with a 270 I bought directly from Handspring; mine developed a dime-sized blue spot that quickly took up half the screen. Although it was out of warranty, HS replaced it since it was considered a manufacturer's defect. You might want to press this issue with Sprint, and mention your "friend" who had a similar problem that was resolved to his satisfaction. Maybe it'll work...
    Also, try other stores if you haven't.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Similar situation, different phone.

At last check, my 6035 has the following laundry list of issues:

1- digitizer barely works. I can hardly run an application, much less enter test

2- slight lcd screen crack

3- occasionally decides that there's a headset attached when there isn't one there, and disables all the onboard stuff

4- backlight now always on by default

5- Won't recharge the battery if the battery is in the phone. I have to pull the battery out to recharge it

6 (and this is the big one)- I'm randomly getting "Service required, contact provider" messages. Usually happens when I restart the phone due to trick #5, but occasionally it happens on it's own. I have to turn the phone on and off about a million times before it connects back to the network.

I'm desperate for a new phone at this point, and the Treo 600 looks like my best bang for the buck, but if they don't have it by Oct. 10, at the rate my old one is dying, I'm going to have to get something else.. (Oh yeah, and it's sprint, so I can't get a replacement for it...)