1.    #1  
    The Register is reporting that Orange may release the 600 next week:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/68/32759.html
    Come on, Sprint.
    A couple of months back, after the 600's launch, Handspring co-founder Trip Hawkins was said to have been seen with an Orange-branded 600.
    Is Trip his nickname??

Go Treo 600! YOU CAN DO IT!!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Umm, the 600's launch a couple months back?
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81
    Umm, the 600's launch a couple months back?
    i think they meant introduction.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe

i think they meant introduction.
    That was my guess, I just thought it was funny.
    Originally posted by RayUSA

Is Trip his nickname??

Trip Hawkins lol, that's a good one!
    go.digital
    The article says, "The GSM version to be used by Orange is thinner than the CDMA version which Sprint will offer this autumn in the US."

Any thoughts on whether this might be true? As I said in an earlier thread, the rumored specs of the Treo 600 do not indicate it to be a much smaller or lighter device than the current Treo 300, so a "thinner" version might be good news (if you're willing to go with GSM rather than CDMA).
    ussually, gsm models are thinner than their cdma counterparts.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    if you want to keep your treo thin, just make it throw up right after y feed it apps!
    The overseas model of the 180 was released before the US model. Maybe history will repeat itself. With more people using GSm in Europe and Asia, it might make sense to go with that market first.

I hope so, I am ready to buy!
    Originally posted by Felipe
    ussually, gsm models are thinner than their cdma counterparts.
    That's probably because they have to fit those old vacuum tubes that Qualcomm still uses into the CDMA model!

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
    Or it could be because the string going to the next GSM phone only needs a small knot to keep it attached. Exactly how tight do you have to get the string to get GPRS to work?
    Originally posted by RayUSA

Is Trip his nickname??

Trip Hawkins is/was CEO of a game company (3DO, I believe). I think he also had some affiliation with Electronic Arts.

I think whomever is writing for The Register has shown their true colors as a video game junkie. Either that, or they need to be a little more careful in getting their facts straight. (They've since corrected it, by the way.)
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    UHH...did everyone else miss this snipit from the article:

The handset contains 32MB of RAM, which can be added to using the handset's SD card slot - though we have seen specs. listing just 16MB of RAM, so Orange may be offering a lower-specced version of the device.
    So the Orange Treo 600 may only have 16 MB of Ram?! UGH! I hope not and the register is certainly not the most accurate of news sources, but that would pretty lame if true imo. If true though, Orange better price the Treo600 really damned low...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    SInce the CDMA version is supposedly larger than the GSM version because of the use of Vacuum Tubes, we will need a car battery to light the filaments of the 5U4 rectifiers and 6146 Power Amplifiers.
    Anyone knows how credible this news source is?