1.    #1  
    Just a quick question. Does anyone know of an external antenna(preferably glass mount) that we can use with the little external antenna jack on the back of the Treo? If so where can I get one and will it work with the Treo600?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    Just a quick question. Does anyone know of an external antenna(preferably glass mount) that we can use with the little external antenna jack on the back of the Treo? If so where can I get one and will it work with the Treo600?
    I don't think you will get an answer here as I and others have asked this question many times before with no replies. I wrote Handspring and got no anserw either. There are many hi gain external antennas available for the PCS band but the key is finding an adapter cable to go between the antenna and the Treo, which which is not listed at any of the vendors of external antenna that I've looked at. . However there is hope in finding an adapter cable for the Treo 300. I happen to still have my Sanyo 4900 and just for the hell of it compared the antenna connector to my Treo and what do you know they look identical. Adapter cables are available for the 4900 and I will be getting everthing I need including 13 dbi gain external panel antenna next week. I'll report back after doing some testing and see if it will plug into the Treo and how it performs. As to whether the Treo 600 will use the same antenna connector? I don't know but I hope so.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you, NewTreoUser. You are both a gentleman and a scholar. Definitely let me know if you find that it works. I don't usually need it, but occasionally I travel some dark and lonely roads with almost no signal. It would be nice to know I had a better shot at signal. Hell, it would be nice to have a conversation out in the God forsaken lands I'm talking about. I don't get to check the boards as much as I like so could you email your findings? If not I'll keep checking to see what you found. The email is drdoom@ghostmail.net
    Thanks.