Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Well I am officially a member of the Treo of the week club! I am on my third unit in less than a month of owning a Treo 180. First unit locked up, second unit the vibrator quit working a week after I got it and now the third is coming airborne tomorrow. I like the Treo, I like not having to carry a palm and a phone to have information and connectivity handy. I just think their QC or something leaves a little to be desired! Hopefully the third time is a charm!

greg
    Man, I must be the only guy in the world who hasn't had a lick of trouble with their 180 since I bought it a few months back. Knock on wood, I've probably just jinxed myself!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Just a followup... recieved the advanced replacement unit (#2) and it was locked to Rogers AT&T. I am an AT&T user so I can see how they got confused! I called Customer Support immediately and they told me that all the people who knew how to unlock had left the building! They'd get back to me within 24 hours. I decided I might try the email approach while I was waiting. I sent a request via the web and got a reply from them that I would need to contact my wireless provider for an unlock! I think to myself AT&T will be glad to give me an unlock code for a phone they don't support that is locked to another provider! Does handspring not even read their email???? I wait 23 hours and had not heard anything. I start to think that it is friday and "all those people who know how to unlock" might leave early so I call back yet again. This time I get a nice fellow who takes my work number and tells me someone will call within 10 minutes with the codes. After waiting 2.5 hours I get someone that knows the codes and I am back in business! Hopefully this unit will be the magic one!

greg
    Greg,

Can you post the unlock codes here? Are they specific to Rodgers and/or ATT?

Thanks,
    -mbd26
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    The unit I received was locked to Rogers AT&T. I am not sure if the unlock code is specific to each unit or generic. I have been told that if it is the wrong code and you enter it 3 times it will lock your unit. Does anyone one else know for sure? I can PM you with the code they gave me if you like, but I would bet unless your unit is locked specifically to Roger AT&T it won't work. My very first unit was a Tmobile and I used the code from TigerDirect. I tried going back to that site when I received this one and it refused my IMEI. I would like to know more about treo unlocking and how it works. If anyone knows and reads this and can enlighten me I'd appreciate it.

greg
    The 600 is coming out soon...supposedly it corrects all these problems...give it a try? I used to have a 180 and it screwed up a lot, that and i didnt like the fact it had a bw screen...i got a 300 like 1 or 2 months ago and im selling it to a coworker for 350 (lol dumb@#$) and getting a 600
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.