1.    #1  
    I was hoping someone more experienced would be able to help me with a question - I have searched everywhere I can think of (handsping.com, Treo300 manual, sprintpcs.com...).

When I use verichat I get alternating green and grey back-and-forth arrows next to my signal tower on my Treo300. What does that mean in terms of connections? Does it mean I am using minutes when it's green? Can people still call me when it's green? What does the grey mean?

It is probably a pretty stupid question , but I would be grateful for any answers. Also - I am planning to upgrade to the Treo600 - will it be the same there?

Thanks!

Oliver
    Originally posted by oliverb
    I was hoping someone more experienced would be able to help me with a question - I have searched everywhere I can think of (handsping.com, Treo300 manual, sprintpcs.com...).

When I use verichat I get alternating green and grey back-and-forth arrows next to my signal tower on my Treo300. What does that mean in terms of connections? Does it mean I am using minutes when it's green? Can people still call me when it's green? What does the grey mean?

It is probably a pretty stupid question , but I would be grateful for any answers. Also - I am planning to upgrade to the Treo600 - will it be the same there?

Thanks!

Oliver
    First off, welcome to the forum!

When you see the arrows, green or grey, it means that you're connected to Vision. Green means that the connection is active, that you're actually transferring data at that moment. Grey means the connection is idle and that while you're still connected, you're not actually sending or receiving any data.

With Vision, you're NEVER using your minutes. Vision goes by data and not airtime. If you have a Vision Pack (usually $15 a month) then you have unlimited Vision. You could be on and transferring data 24/7 if you wanted and you won't incur any extra charges. If you don't have a Vision Pack, then you are charged $.01 per kilobyte.

With CDMA (Sprint and Verizon), you can't receive calls when actively transferring data and the arrows are green. If someone calls, it will go straight to voicemail and your phone won't ring. If your connection is idle and the arrows are grey, calls should ring through.

The only thing that would really change with the Treo 600 is maybe the graphic of the arrows. The way you're billed for Vision and the way the CDMA network functions in regards to receiving a call when transferring data won't be changing.

I hope that clears things up. For future reference, if you think you have a pretty common question, you can do a search of the forums. Often times that will provide a lot of good information. Failing that, ask away, that's what the forums are for.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks letsgoflyers81 for that complete answer!

I had searched the forums and had read some interesting information about the verichat application - that peaked my interest and got me to try it. Thanks again for welcoming someone new & helping out.

Oliver
    Originally posted by oliverb
    Thanks letsgoflyers81 for that complete answer!

I had searched the forums and had read some interesting information about the verichat application - that peaked my interest and got me to try it. Thanks again for welcoming someone new & helping out.

Oliver
    No problem.