Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    OK, OK...I know you get what you pay for. But, I've bought it, off ebay, no return, and I have a limited budget, so what do I do now???

The Belkin keyboard is the worst thing I've ever bought! Trying to make the IR's line up with the stupid mirror thing is almost impossible. The best I've been able to do is turn the Treo upside down, flip hack the screen and prop the lid part up so that the ports can see each other. This is a major pain and also Blazer crashes when the screen is hacked upside down!

At first I had a problem w/ the stand as well, but solved that issue with a piece of velcro. My Treo already had a small piece on it for my case, so I just attached the connector type for that to the stand and now it sits on it perfectly, but the IR thing is really pi**ing me off!

Does anyone have this keyboard and have any hints or tips on making it work better. I'm ready to throw it at the wall.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Throw it against a wall (or just re ebay it) and buy a Targus. It's bigger and clunkier, but well made and NO MIRROR!

One cautionary note:
    There are a few issues with the Targus as well. It and the treo mail synch don't seem to get along and my treo suffers from mystery power up when I'm using it with QuickOffice. So, I keep the keyboard driverf off unless I am actively using it and manually send and receive treo mail so they don't collide when I am using the keyboard.
    Originally posted by nora
    OK, OK...I know you get what you pay for. But, I've bought it, off ebay, no return, and I have a limited budget, so what do I do now???

The Belkin keyboard is the worst thing I've ever bought! Trying to make the IR's line up with the stupid mirror thing is almost impossible. The best I've been able to do is turn the Treo upside down, flip hack the screen and prop the lid part up so that the ports can see each other. This is a major pain and also Blazer crashes when the screen is hacked upside down!

At first I had a problem w/ the stand as well, but solved that issue with a piece of velcro. My Treo already had a small piece on it for my case, so I just attached the connector type for that to the stand and now it sits on it perfectly, but the IR thing is really pi**ing me off!

Does anyone have this keyboard and have any hints or tips on making it work better. I'm ready to throw it at the wall.
    Sorry to hear of your bad purchase. What else is wrong with the Belkin other than the mirror? Does it have left and right arrows? I've read that the Targus does not have left/ right arrows. Are there any wireless keyboards that do?

Also, how long do the batteries on these wireless keyboards last and how long does the battery on the Treo last when used with the IR keyboards?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    The targus has a mouse that acts as up/down/left/right arrows when you hold down the FN key.

I've had my Targus since the week it came out and have never replaced the batteries. I use it daily.

The battery life is the same if you were just using the treo. i.e. I don't know of any degradation due to just the keyboard.

hat being said - I can go most of the day away from my desk, but by the end of the day my battery is dead. My bigger problem is my phone swapping in and out of coverage inside the building I work. That red blinking light just creams the battery (well not the light - you know what I mean)

Here is a good keyboard discussion thread...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...s&pagenumber=3
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    OK, so I bit the bullet and purchased the Targus keyboard....talk about NIGHT and DAY! This keyboard ROCKS!!!!!

I love it! The mouse feature is awesome too. It holds the unit pretty securely and the IR works like a charm (much better than all the mirror stuff). The only thing I am going to have a problem get used to is the space bar, but after screwing around with the Belkin that's a workable problem!

Very happy with this one!