1.    #1  
    just got word from a rep at cingular that they won't be carrying the t600 in the chicago market, apparently because cingular is running a difference gsm network and cingular customers only in the ny and ca areas will be able to use the phone. i hope i'm wrong about this and somebody can set me straight.

matt
    Makes no sense--the new T600 will be quad band GSM and will work on essentially every GSM network worldwide.
    I agree with jposin. I think you probably know more about the phone than the rep does and doesn't know that the phone is quad band.
    You might want to check with Cingular again. I thought that in Chicago Cingualr was using TDMA for their service.
    Originally posted by jposin
    Makes no sense--the new T600 will be quad band GSM and will work on essentially every GSM network worldwide.
    I thought that Cingular was working on rolling out EDGE in that part of the country. That's a 2.75G (generation--not quite 3G) version of GSM that the Treo 600's radio doesn't support.

That may explain why the rep said they wouldn't be carrying the Treo 600 in that region.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.