1.    #1  
    Here is a promo picture from the handspring email newsletter "showing" the Treo 600 outdoors. While it doesn't say "simulated screen" I would bet that it is. If not...then we've got a winner in outdoor visibility!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That image looks photoshopped to me. It's two different pictures.... the background one being a bit blurred and then a composite of a clear product shot on top of it in the foreground. No way of knowing under what conditions that close shot was taken... my guess is in a studio
    Oh yeah. That ain't a real photo.
  4. purpleX
    Treo 600-Stong and Deadly

Both inside and out
    Last e-newsletter, we told you about the attention we paid to every little treo 600 hardware deatil. But we didn't limit our painfull process to external pain and fit alone. We made sure to take a good look all side as well - especially the software application that split competition head and shoulders apart.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...&postid=236160
    (picture caption: See that girl? after you zapp her with treo 600, you won't anymore. It's that deadly.)

(alternate picture caption: mommy... why is that man pointing his pointy stuff at me? )

(alternate caption II: You are smiling now girlie, let's see if you like getting zapp with this pointy stuff!)
    hahaha purple!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Nicely done....

Hilarious!
    Seems almost like the conversation being had at the table is being eavesdropped upon and translated into text on the Treo. :0)
  8.    #8  
    I think that they are using the voice recording feature which is included (cough cough) in the Treo 600.

Actually, since such an app has not been (and may never be) developed, Handspring can say that it supports voice recording AND voice-to-text conversion as seen in this doctored photo!
    That picture sure makes the keyboard look scary small!
    i still think we should wait and c it b4 we make up our minds over the screen, keyboard, et al. take care, jay
    I received the e-mail from HS and the caption "both inside and out" refer to inside and outside of the actual unit, not "outdoors"
    if you read further you'll see the discussion is talking about the software w/i the t600. Jeez people!
    Originally posted by cque
    I received the e-mail from HS and the caption "both inside and out" refer to inside and outside of the actual unit, not "outdoors"
    if you read further you'll see the discussion is talking about the software w/i the t600. Jeez people!
    Yeah, but it looks like an outdoor setting in the pic.
    Originally posted by cque
    I received the e-mail from HS and the caption "both inside and out" refer to inside and outside of the actual unit, not "outdoors" if you read further you'll see the discussion is talking about the software w/i the t600. Jeez people!
    I don't think any of us thought otherwise, cque. We were just merely noticing that they used an "outdoor setting" as tommygreen said (very poorly done at that). It almost seems as though our friend has been alienated by his friends who are not letting him sit at the table with them. How sad! Perhaps they are Nokia fans.

Here are some more interesting Treo 600 ads.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RayUSA; 09/08/2003 at 10:29 PM.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    I smell a "Fark Photoshopping" competition on the way
    Originally posted by RayUSA
    Here are some more interesting Treo 600 ads.
    ROFL!!! Yeah this would be a great Fark opportunity
    That start wars one really cracked me up.
    What does fark mean?
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    What does fark mean?
    Are you farkin kiddin me? Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's a photo editing program I believe....
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  18. purpleX
    Fark, manipulating digital image to achieve different result from image original message/intention, often satirical or comic.
    I cant believe you guys arent fark.com users

its one of the greatest websites ever..

they psot links throughout the day to the craziest stuff going on in the world..

every once in a while they have a "photoshop contest" where people manipulate a given image for the purposes of comedic hilarity

you should all check it out.

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comm...?IDLink=638234

there is a recent example of a photoshop contest, not a very good one though, usually they are better

-Mike
    Originally posted by csherman

Are you farkin kiddin me? Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Booooo. Heheh. That was great.