Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I finally gave up and took Top Gun ssh off my treo 270. It would lock up the treo and I was forced to do a RadioReset when I used it (well 2 out of the three times I used it, but RadioReset is a major PITA). Has anyone else had this problem? Are there any workarounds? Are there any other ssh clients that are more compatible with the treo? Thanks,

Jeremy
    Check out Mocha Pocket Telnet, found here

Not free, but a good program. Good luck.

-Joe
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Does it also do secure shell? And is there a trial period so I can make sure it is compatible?

Thanks, for the tip.
    I use TG ssh often on my 270 without difficulty. Could be interference with other comm programs causing difficulty though.

What other net-active programs are on your 270?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    None really. I have cellplan tracker, a calculator, a few games (GTA demo, solitaire, and a couple others), and that's about it for the software I've installed. Nothing else that uses the internet. I really only used TG about three times. The one time it didn't lock up my phone I opened the data connection with blazer, and the other two times I didn't have the connection open yet. Of these two times, TG worked once, and it froze my phone instantly the other time.
    Does it also do secure shell? And is there a trial period so I can make sure it is compatible?

SSH2 is Secure Shell v2...TopGun only supports v1 (This may or may not matter to you, but it mattered to me). It also supports telnet (over any port you specify). The software does allow for a demo, but I am not sure of the time period. I have only used it a couple of times, but haven't had any issues.

Hope this helps.
    -Joe
    yeah... I second the Mocha approval. It worked well for me too. The advantage being the ssh2 protocol support. I didn't like the interface as much though. Isn't Mocha the one that makes you move about in a sub-window?

(They are all small compared to a 'real' tty window anyway...)