Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I shoulda listened.....

To make a long story short... borrowed a Samsung i700 from Verizon. Great PDA, crummy phone.

TREO 600 here I come!!!!!
    Originally posted by Dalai Lama
    I shoulda listened.....

To make a long story short... borrowed a Samsung i700 from Verizon. Great PDA, crummy phone.

TREO 600 here I come!!!!!
    Dalai,

Actually, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to hear the long version. Can you be more specific?

I'm interested in the i700, but for some reason it's not available out here in Denver, so I can't go by the Verizon store to take a look at it.

Thanks!
    Many apologies for posting this on a Treo forum....

There are longer posts on other sites that describe the i700 in nauseating detail. However, in brief...

As a PocketPC it is great, one of the best I have tried. It's screen is fantastically bright and sharp, better than my old IPAQ that was the best of the best in its day.

As a phone, it does suffer some. First of all, you looks rather foolish holding a Pocket PC up to your ear and talking to it! It does not feel comfortable in your hand or on your ear in that position. The virtual keypad works OK, but I am still a little squeamish about poking the screen with my fingers. Perhaps I didn't spend enough time with the demo, but I had some trouble quickly navigating to and from phone functions, though probably this would improve with time. Finally, the phone seems to cut off of standby mode intermittently; I have seen this reported elsewhere. Again, I may just not be using it right.

Bottom line though is this: the i700 is a PDA with a phone grafted on. I really, really wanted to like it, but it was not to be. To be fair, I have not dabbled much with the Treo 300, and it might be the same story. I am hoping that the 600 is more of a phone with a very functional PDA added on. Frankly, if someone could assure me that the Samsung SGH-i500 was going to make it to production, I might well wait for that instead.
    How has the battery been on the T600?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345