Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks LuckyOne!

I really appreciate this thread! Good info.
    I am very pleased with the Sprint version there is a bulge on the ear piece but it definitely doesn't detract from the clean lines of the device..I can't wait as well!!!!thanks ..LuckyOne for the pics
    Wow.. please stop .. I'm getting sooo jealous

How about a picture FROM the 600? Thanks!
    I think the bulge on the sprint version helps you find the sweet spot on your ear.
    Originally posted by LuckyOne
    Here's a different angle on the 300 and 600.
    hi lucky one
    you are lucky! would you mind trying to answer some of the queries that i mentioned above. We are about to place a largish order (300 or so units) and appreciate all feedback from users
    Cheers
    The Sprint model I have is gunmetal grey with silver accents around the button. I've attached a picture of it next to my Treo 300. The screen is definitely brighter on the 600.

The keyboard is a little stiffer and the buttons "pointier" than the 300. I've slowed my typing a little bit, but it will get faster with more use I think.

Today was a beautiful sunny day in NYC and I was able to see the screen without a problem.
    stop it with the picture, you diving me a woody.

the picture of your 300. how you get the envelope on the number 1? i see it is also on the 600. is that a sprint thing? it isn't on my 270.

also your 300 still has a history button? why take it off the 270 then?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe

stop it with the picture, you diving me a woody.

the picture of your 300. how you get the envelope on the number 1? i see it is also on the 600. is that a sprint thing? it isn't on my 270.

also your 300 still has a history button? why take it off the 270 then?
    A little too much info in the wood department there, buddy.

Today was a beautiful sunny day in NYC and I was able to see the screen without a problem. [/B]
    I'm glad to hear that. unlike my 300, your comments suggest that the 600 screen will be clearly viewable in daylight. great! lets hope for an adequate voice recorder app to top it off. thanks for testing it!
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    LuckyOne, the Treo 600 is supposed to be compatible with downloading ringers and screensavers just like regular vision phones... have you tried downloading anything like that? If so, does it work good and how do the screensavers work? Thanks.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Here's a different angle on the 300 and 600.
    if you can, can you take a picture of both phones on standing on their sides, with the 600 in front of the 300?

just want to see how much skinnier the 600 is.

the 600 doesn't look much shorter. it also doesn't look like it is laying flat.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  11.    #51  
    1)The Keyboard and whether it is really intuitive? Is it as good/better than the traditional Blackberry ones?

The navigation pad is very intuitive. The keyboard is as simple to use as the 300, but some of the punctuation keys are in a different location. The keys are much tighter together, and are raised higher than the 300. I haven't had a problem with mistypes, but I don't have huge fingers either.

2)How is the email system? Is it the push type of BB? Is it by good technologies?

The only email "client" I use is Sprint's PCS redirector via the browser. Since my corporate email is behind a firewall, Snappermail won't work for me right now. I have had several meetings with Good Technologies regarding their enterprise email/Outlook solution and it sounds awesome. You can read more about it at their site http://www.good.com/

3)Hows the battery life and with what approximate usage?

I have been doing heavy web browsing and get a good 4 hours (with the occasional cell phone interruption). I think this metric will be better assessed by a testing organization. I'm just estimating useage.

I'm glad this information has been interesting to all. As a fellow gearhead, I have been on the waiting side many times when it came to new devices and software. Fortunately everyone (on Sprint anyway) should only need to wait about two more weeks. Rumor has it there will be a very visable kickoff toward the end of the month.

Meanwhile, I'm leaving on a business trip and won't be posting for a bit. I check back in when I get back.

Peace...

thanks a lot
    thanks!
    the keyboard remains a concern for i found the 300 keyboard pretty bad.
    Have a good trip..with your 600!
    Thanks Lucky!
    If you're taking your toy with you on your trip and have some free time, fire up Blazer in your T600 and surf to http://treo.treocentral.com to view and post wirelessly!
    Being without a PC is no excuse! ;-)
    Originally posted by starrwulfe
    If you're taking your toy with you on your trip and have some free time, fire up Blazer in your T600 and surf to http://treo.treocentral.com to view and post wirelessly!
    Being without a PC is no excuse! ;-)
    It depends on if he's traveling internationally or not. I think he said he's using Sprint, so let's hope he's staying in the U.S. so he can post.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Originally posted by petway56

Also regarding voice recording, purplex of all people found a program on palmgear that already does voice recording on palm units. We'll just have to see if it works with 600. Unfortuantely I don't know which thread that was in.
    WTF!! That was me goddamit! Purple noodle was actually trying to say there was no such thing!

*sigh* Okay...I've calmed down now, but I realy can't handle people complimenting purple!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    JTREOB,
    Actually I'm quite mobile...Continental Gold FF and all. I also spent ten years in the field sales force so I do understand your concerns about gadget usefulness. But I tell you sincerely, I have never had a "real" problem with the Treo (300 or 600) and sunlight!
    Well I hope your expereinces with the Treo600 in sunlight are accurate because according to these pics from bleedingedge , the Treo600 outdoor viewability isn't great as advertised. However, alot people think that's b/c bleedingedge had a early prototype model...I certainly hope so myself...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

WTF!! That was me goddamit! Purple noodle was actually trying to say there was no such thing!
    I swear there is a thread where Mr. Purple first discounts the fact that there is the ability to voice record and then posts later, something along the lines of "Damn palmgear.com, Leave it to me to discredit myself." or something similar and has a link to the software. I think we're talking about different threads. Not like it matters anyways (unless my brain is starting to give out on me ).
    Originally posted by petway56

I swear there is a thread where Mr. Purple first discounts the fact that there is the ability to voice record and then posts later, something along the lines of "Damn palmgear.com, Leave it to me to discredit myself." or something similar and has a link to the software. I think we're talking about different threads. Not like it matters anyways (unless my brain is starting to give out on me ).
    Well you didn't read carefully enough:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...y&pagenumber=3

He clearly changes tunes after I proved him wrong! Anyway, I really don't care that much about petty nonsense like this...but after battling a troll like purpleX (also know as SKA) for sooooo long on various boards, I like to make it known when he doen't know WTF he's talking about! It gives me satisfaction strangely... Yes that sounds kinda pathetic but I don't give a damned!

I just hope someone will use the voice memo technology to create a voice dialing program. That's one of the few things the Treo 600 is missing IMO.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast