Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    While on an overseas scrambled conference call, I was able to intercept a message from a very high source at Handspring; and have a lengthy discussion. Here is what I found out on the upcoming Treo 600….

1) Hardware build is completed on 90% of the units – but they are not sure if they like the results. They will flip a coin next week to decide whether to scrap the entire current model and start all over again (1˝ year possible delay).

2) The first domestic GSM carrier will be Cingular or At&T or T-Mobile, or someone else. The units will be available unlocked and will work with any GSM/GPRS carrier, unless they come locked, at which point your stuck.

3) October 10th is the magic day, but only at Disneyland. Other magic days may be Thanksgiving, Chanukah, Christmas, Ben Little’s birthday, Groundhog Day, or some other day.

4) The screen will definitely perform well in direct sunlight; unless the sun is shining.

5) They have tested High res screens for the 600 and CHOSE to go with the current res because it improved battery life > 35%. However, a super, super high res screen is in development, but will only give the battery a 5 minute duration. Handspring says however, since there is soooooooooooooo much tadoo about the screen res, they say to take this and be happy and stop crying.

6) The Audio configuration will allow for both voice dialing and call recording, if these programs are placed into the unit. If they are not, they are not sure what the heck’s going to happen when you talk or yell at the unit.

7) All units will be shipped with an MP3 player, however the only songs allowed on the unit will be those that have a verified purchase price of $25.00 or more. This amount may be adjusted at any time.

8) It will be priced under $500 Afghanistan trublelies.

9) Here is how the "upgrade" will work: Handspring will will do something – but only for some amount of time.

10) The 600 will ship with the following contents:
    Treo
    Other stuff (possibly)

(Also, I've held it, its quite a bit heavier than the toast I had this morning)

There is lots of other stuff, but I have to get back whatever.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Rocklin; 09/06/2003 at 04:13 PM.
    Can I use it as a "Mr. Microphone"?
  3. purpleX
    Wait, you discussed your breakfast toast with a high ranking handspring officers?

Was it jelly or peanut butter. Obviously this will tell a lot about reo 600 receiver performance.
    Why do you waste our time...... your not even funny.......... time to get a life rocklin.
    Jeff
    Jef, you get a life. A little humor neverhurt anyone. While you're at it, pull the large branch out of your arse!!
    hahahaha i think
    Did Jeff Hawkins listen in on the conversation or was he totally rude to you because you started to discuss all of your far out design ideas?

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
    I think the endless speculation is wearing us all down and we are going a little too far... I for one am just going to dig in and wait it out. (And besides, from what I am reading Disneyland isn't a safe place to be these days.)
    The comments in this thread are getting too personal and abusive. I'm going to ask the moderator to shut this down before I get so offended that I just spit up . . . .
    Originally posted by Lawcat
    The comments in this thread are getting too personal and abusive. I'm going to ask the moderator to shut this down before I get so offended that I just spit up . . . .
    while you're at it, ask them to 86 the google ad sidebar. It's excessively annoying. (wouldn't be so bad if it didn't scroll) I mean, I know you gotta have ads, but there has to be a limit, like I have over 500 in my bulk email folder, not gonna read any of them. Simple ads (clutter) around a web page are ok. Start plastering them in your face and that's when I hunt for software to get rid of all of them which defeats the purpose, no?
    David
    Originally posted by Snowracer
    Why do you waste our time...... your not even funny.......... time to get a life rocklin.
    Snowracer:

I agree with you 100%!!! This is TreoCentral not StupidJokesThatAreNotFunnyCentral. The Treo 600 is a serious tool, not a toy.

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    I agree with you 100%!!! This is TreoCentral not StupidJokesThatAreNotFunnyCentral. The Treo 600 is a serious tool, not a toy.

i dont see anything unfunny about unserious joking-about about a serious yet to come device. take it easy guys - we are allowed to joke, even if we are in treocentral. there's no rule in this forum that we aren't allowed to take it easy and be humourous and let our fantasies wander off to an unrealistic, unserious, ironic and harmlessly funny direction.
    save your seriousness for after the launch of the treo 600.
    amen to that!
    JakeE called Rocklin "stupid." Where is the moderator? This thread needs to be shut down right now before we are treated to a long post about the future of serious handheld computing.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I am so sorry. I will refrain from any more posts that do not reflect comments that are not 100% accurate and verified. No more conjecture. No more guesses. I am sorry.
    By the way, if all comments based off of guesses and conjecture, all comments that are not and can not be 100% verifed as the actual truth, are no longer allowed to be posted, I guess this site will become pretty much unused.
    Thanks for your understanding.
  16. purpleX
    I think we can seriously say comedy is dead.
    Rocklin,

People take the time out to share with others what they find out, and you just waste all of our time.... on a forum of people who really need to get a life (ie all of us), you stand out as the person who most needs to really get a life..

If you have nothing productive to say.... just dont say anything.

Moderators, someone shut down this thread.
    Last edited by WeeBitObsessed; 09/08/2003 at 08:02 AM.
    Oy
    I understand we are not allowed to insult others here, but is self-deprecating humor ok?
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Personally, I thought it was hilarious.

But then again, I have a sense of humor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast