1.    #1  
    I have went though all the threads with this error. I have AIM running on my treo, not sure if that's the cause. But what I have not scene in any of the threads is this: I got my treo running with out doing anything but a soft reset. But what I found is that all the network libraries were missing, if you selected "network" under prefs you will see an error "network Library missing". This makes the phone useless. Did anyone else have this error also? and if so how do you fix it. This error occurs randomly to.

Thanks

Brian
    It is definitely the AIM for Palm that you have in your Treo. I used to get the same error message almost every week but ever since I uninstall AIM, never get it again... Do some more search, this has been discussed before.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by speedy_j
    It is definitely the AIM for Palm that you have in your Treo. I used to get the same error message almost every week but ever since I uninstall AIM, never get it again... Do some more search, this has been discussed before.
    I did a search but there was no mention of the "network Libary's" missing? And its the a fix or another option? I use Instant message alot?

thanks
    I only began having the problem when I quit AIM without disconnecting from the network. At that point the phone was useless. Then I did a hard reset and re-synced without AIM, and the problem went away. Since then I've reinstalled AIM...but I never leave AIM open when I finish using it, and the problem hasn't recurred.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by scrinch
    I only began having the problem when I quit AIM without disconnecting from the network. At that point the phone was useless. Then I did a hard reset and re-synced without AIM, and the problem went away. Since then I've reinstalled AIM...but I never leave AIM open when I finish using it, and the problem hasn't recurred.
    How do you disconnect from AIM before quiting it? What version do you have?

thanks
    I have AIM for Palm v.1.1 build 5. Disconnect by tapping the signoff button before switching to a different app or shutting down.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by scrinch
    I have AIM for Palm v.1.1 build 5. Disconnect by tapping the signoff button before switching to a different app or shutting down.
    I have version 1.0, when you hit sign off you are still conneted to the wireless network. I have to upgrade, but for some reason they want you to buy each upgrade.
    If you go to Handango there is a newer version of AIM and AOL that was updated for the Palm v3.5x and above. I have not had a single problem with either since purchasing these upgrade. Why AOL doesn't make the new version better know is a mystery to me, but if you search Handango you'll find them. They were released around May 03 I think.

...ken
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by kschoenberg
    If you go to Handango there is a newer version of AIM and AOL that was updated for the Palm v3.5x and above. I have not had a single problem with either since purchasing these upgrade. Why AOL doesn't make the new version better know is a mystery to me, but if you search Handango you'll find them. They were released around May 03 I think.

...ken
    Ya now I have to pay another $20, because the first version is not working well on the treo 300.