1.    #1  
    I have not recieved this in a while, but what does this mean, I thought it was some sort of error. I use Treo300SMS.

I sent several SMS today, and got one back that said
    " Shortmail@onebox.bulk.sprint:ShortMail: New Shortmail. Select "GO" to read it Http://smwl.uc.sprintpcs.comsml/wap.do?Alert=true"

I assume it's an alert from Sprint, but that's all I can figure...
    Little help here
    TIA, MAtt

:shortcut:
    Got that today. Haven't seen those since I got Treo300SMS. Might just be a glitch. I did a soft reset and had someone send me another SMS and it worked fine. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    I have not recieved this in a while, but what does this mean, I thought it was some sort of error. I use Treo300SMS.

I sent several SMS today, and got one back that said
    " Shortmail@onebox.bulk.sprint:ShortMail: New Shortmail. Select "GO" to read it Http://smwl.uc.sprintpcs.comsml/wap.do?Alert=true"

I assume it's an alert from Sprint, but that's all I can figure...
    Little help here
    TIA, MAtt

:shortcut:
    That's what the Treo300 does when it receives "A PCS Short Mail message".

Test it yourself from: https://messaging.sprintpcs.com/sml/s/messaging.do

But, I thought that purchasing/installing Treo300SMS was supposed to solve that problem?

Randy
    That's the Treo's built in SMS app trying to reveive Shortmail but can only get that message. If Treo300SMS is working then you're not supposed to get that at all. If you get it again, I'd try reinstalling and if it persists, e-mail PDAapps to get a new reg code and start from scratch.
    That is a trigger message that tells your Treo to retreive shortmail. When the Treo receives that message, it triggers the retreiving shortmail popup that you sometimes see. If you received that message on your Treo, you should probably go to SMS and manualy retreive your shortmail because you probably have one waiting that for whatever reason the message did not trigger the retreival of.

The Guy