1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Basically Im frugal (or cheap) and if I splurge on the 600 I was wondering what is the minimum I can pay for

airtime & internet connection?

I was probably going to go with sprint as my friends use sprint and I can call them unlimited for $5 a month.

With 300 anytime, 1000 night/weekend and $5 PCS to PCS

Am I looking at $55 or more???

Thanks,
    Jared
    $30 for 300 anytime and unlimited N/W including long distance, $15 for unlimited vision, $5 for unlimited PCS to PCS. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    $30 for 300 anytime and unlimited N/W including long distance, $15 for unlimited vision, $5 for unlimited PCS to PCS. Good luck.
    and the taxes?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    The $30 300/unlimited plan isn't being offered anymore. Technically it's still in the system, but unless a rep feels like being REALLY nice, new customers can't get it.

Right now the most basic plan is 300 AT minutes and 1000 night and weekend minutes for $35. Kinda crappy, I know. However by November Sprint should be offering MUCH better plans. Good plans always come out around the holidays and that's when WLNP hits so all the carriers will really be fighting to keep customers and steal them from each other.

Unlimited Vision is $15 a month on all plans unless you go for 2000 minutes or more, then it's free on the first phone. Unlimited PCS to PCS is $5 There might still be a promotion for free PCS to PCS if you sign a 2 year contract. So right now the most basic plan with unlimited Vision and unlimited PCS to PCS is $50 or $55. Taxes should be somewhere between $5 and $10. Like I said, you should be able to get a better plan in a couple months. You can get a plan now and then when a better one comes along, switch to that. They'll just make you restart your contract.
    Last edited by letsgoflyers81; 09/05/2003 at 05:45 PM.
    In a word ... UGGLLY! I have SPCS in S. FL. and my plan is $87 for 2000 any time mins, unlimited Vision and weeklyusage notification. My bill is $107 each month ... you do the math ... $20 a month in taxes ...a tax rate of about 25% (OK, so I did the math)!

Oh well, that's the price we pay for no state income tax and 70 degree weather in January.
    Originally posted by tjd414
    In a word ... UGGLLY! I have SPCS in S. FL. and my plan is $87 for 2000 any time mins, unlimited Vision and weeklyusage notification. My bill is $107 each month ... you do the math ... $20 a month in taxes ...a tax rate of about 25% (OK, so I did the math)!

Oh well, that's the price we pay for no state income tax and 70 degree weather in January.
    My bill is around $125 and my taxes are under $15. A lot of it has to do with Sprint, and some of the taxes are just because of where you live. One person posted their taxes and on a plan similar to ours, he had over $12 in taxes just from his city and state taxes. Throw federal and all the surcharges, he was well over $20. Yeah, it sucks.
    Greetings,

Iíve been using a Palm PDA for several years now (I have a TT at the moment) and am thinking about going to a Treo 300 or 600. The $99.00 for a 300 looks pretty tempting. Iím wondering about service. Is the unlimited vision separate from the phone minutes? For instance, could I be on the internet all day and still have my phone minutes, if I havenít called anybody?

Thanks,

James
    Originally posted by Jamez
    Greetings,

Iíve been using a Palm PDA for several years now (I have a TT at the moment) and am thinking about going to a Treo 300 or 600. The $99.00 for a 300 looks pretty tempting. Iím wondering about service. Is the unlimited vision separate from the phone minutes? For instance, could I be on the internet all day and still have my phone minutes, if I havenít called anybody?

Thanks,

James
    You're correct, Vision doesn't take away from your minutes. With the old Wireless Web option, you used your minutes. However with Vision, you're charged by the kilobyte instead of minute. And if you get unlimited Vision for $15 a month, then you can use Vision 24/7 if you want and it won't affect your minutes or lead to any other charges. Just be aware that with CDMA, when you're in an active data session, you can't receive voice calls, they'll go striaght to voicemail.
    Thank you for the information. Now the only question is should I get the 300 for $99.00 or wait for the 600.

James
    hi, i have the 300 4 about a year and i love it, however, i will get a 600 as sooin as they are out! The 600 has much more potential due to upgraded palm software and should be way easier 2 use since most software will not need the stylis. take care jay