1.    #1  
    Originally posted by ltuvp
    The Treo 600 is the next generation of the Treo 300. It is considered the upgrade.
    I can't wait for the Treo 600! One question... Anyone have any idea how many Treo 300's you have to have replaced before sprint will just "Upgrade" you to the 600? I would even be willing to pay the difference in price between the 300 and 600. So long as they don't drop the price of the Treo to $150.

Any thoughts?
    what about upgrading AND switching carriers? i have a t300 with sprint, and want to go with another carrier that will support the t600 - will i be able to get the discounted upgrade???

hope so.
    Originally posted by ferrarinu

I can't wait for the Treo 600! One question... Anyone have any idea how many Treo 300's you have to have replaced before sprint will just "Upgrade" you to the 600? I would even be willing to pay the difference in price between the 300 and 600. So long as they don't drop the price of the Treo to $150.

Any thoughts?
    People have talked about being on their 6th or 8th Treo and were offered an i330 instead. I think once you get that high, they'd be willing to give you a Treo 600. But if yours breaks just once or twice, I doubt it. I think I read that there are around 100,000 Treos sitting around that haven't been sold. If the Treos were in short supply then they'd be quicker to give you a 600, but not with that many old 300s laying around.
  4.    #4  
    I'm on my 5th Treo 300. They gave me a new one out of the store inventory for the 5th one. The Battery was why the last phone was returned. With full charge I couldn't talk on speaker phone for more than 15 minutes (waiting on hold) before the low battery warning came up.

I don't want anything for free, nor do I expect it. I've used the phone almost happily for over a year. However I do expect that since they released a faulty product that they do what it takes to satisfy people that have had these kinds of problems. To me that would be taking my 300 back and giving me the 600 for half price.

Only if it fixes the problems that the 300 had. If not, then I will switch carriers and get the Sony/Ericson 810 if it ever comes out.
    Originally posted by ferrarinu
    I'm on my 5th Treo 300. They gave me a new one out of the store inventory for the 5th one. The Battery was why the last phone was returned. With full charge I couldn't talk on speaker phone for more than 15 minutes (waiting on hold) before the low battery warning came up.

I don't want anything for free, nor do I expect it. I've used the phone almost happily for over a year. However I do expect that since they released a faulty product that they do what it takes to satisfy people that have had these kinds of problems. To me that would be taking my 300 back and giving me the 600 for half price.

Only if it fixes the problems that the 300 had. If not, then I will switch carriers and get the Sony/Ericson 810 if it ever comes out.
    Well the two biggest flaws of the Treo 300 have been the battery and flip. There's battery drain but the 600 should have around twice the battery life of the 300. Obviously the battery running down in 15 minutes is another issue. Then there's the hinge breaking and speaker issue with wires breaking. But with a candy bar, that won't be a problem. We'll have to see how it hold up once it comes out.
    These new Treo 600 smartphones will be priced at a premium compared to our current Treo line, and are expected to begin shipping late this fall. At that time, we plan to offer a special upgrade program for existing Treo owners.
    Since the special upgrade program is being offered by Handspring, I assume it will not matter if you are switching carriers or not.

However, I don't think the discount/upgrade for existing Treo users will be more than $100 (if that much), since you can go buy an older model so cheap now. It might just be a free T-shirt or something.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by RayUSA

Since the special upgrade program is being offered by Handspring, I assume it will not matter if you are switching carriers or not.

However, I don't think the discount/upgrade for existing Treo users will be more than $100 (if that much), since you can go buy an older model so cheap now. It might just be a free T-shirt or something.
    HAHA, don't start! I'm counting on the money. The last thing I need is a Pa1mOne t-shirt. People already know I'm a geek by my phone, I don't need to advertise with my shirt too.
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

HAHA, don't start! I'm counting on the money. The last thing I need is a Pa1mOne t-shirt. People already know I'm a geek by my phone, I don't need to advertise with my shirt too.
    I am also counting on the money, and not having to send in the phone (give serial number when placing order). Perhaps I am just being optimistic.

I would be surprised if the discount is less than $50 or more than $100. This is my guess, but I am willing to share it with all of you (how uncharacteristically magnanimous of me).

If it is $50, I am on the borderline whether to do it or not (I'd still want to, but I don't know if I can scrape the money together). At $100, I could afford to do it, based on the assumption that I could still ebay my 300 for a decent price. If the discount is more than $100 (say, $150, dare I dream), then get out of my way, there will be no stopping me from getting one.

And it certainly won't be a palmOne T-shirt, not before the merger goes through.

------
    There are gonna be a lot of Treo 300s on ebay very soon.